Getting a tattoo underage, how could I change someones mind?

I would suggest that if the tattooist is prepared to break the law and knowingly tattoo someone underage, then there's a good chance they don't really know what they are doing.

I know loads of people that had tattoos underage. However, it perhaps wasn't that strict then.

I guess it seems odd that they are knowingly doing it to someone underage. It might suggest not much work (i.e. not very good). Or someone who isn't licensed.

So the rest of my comment still comes into play.

I know loads of people that had tattoos underage. However, it perhaps wasn't that strict then.

I guess it seems odd that they are knowingly doing it to someone underage. It might suggest not much work (i.e. not very good). Or someone who isn't licensed.

So the rest of my comment still comes into play.

I wasn't having a go at your post btw, just highlighted part of it to make a point.

In my experience, any tattooist worth his/her salt wouldn't knowingly tattoo someone underage. So I reckon you could be right, it's probably someone who dabbles a bit and isn't registered.

I wasn't having a go at your post btw, just highlighted part of it to make a point.

In my experience, any tattooist worth his/her salt wouldn't knowingly tattoo someone underage. So I reckon you could be right, it's probably someone who dabbles a bit and isn't registered.

Seeing as we're both using this term. (knowingly)

I think there are different ways of interpreting it. Since it was left out of the original post, then added later, it seemed to me, to make it sound like everyone I know who's had them underage. Basically, 'no id was asked for', when it would seem pretty obvious that they were 'close' to the legal age. If you know what I mean.

If this tattooist KNOWS she's 15, as you say, prob best try and talk her into avoiding this particular one.

You probably wont change her mind so why not go for the studio instead, if it is a studio. If it's a studio, phone the council and report them for tattooing young pups, drinking wine before it's time and anything else you can think of. Or go and see the potential tattooist and tell them that you'll raise hell if they tattoo this girl.

You probably wont change her mind so why not go for the studio instead, if it is a studio. If it's a studio, phone the council and report them for tattooing young pups, drinking wine before it's time and anything else you can think of. Or go and see the potential tattooist and tell them that you'll raise hell if they tattoo this girl.

The OP has already said they don't know where she is getting it done.

i had 2 tattoos at 16, cant stand them now, i feel ashamed to wear short sleeved shirts in public, wish id never had them done or at least waited a few more years and actually considered what would stand the test of time.

Archived