Pride of sheffield forum

So what i want to do today is for anyone who can to nominate a forum member who you have been in contact with who has done something you think is particularly nice and kind.

there wont be any prizes obviously i just thought its nice to say thanks once in a while.

What a lovely thread something positive for once,people on here are so kind been lucky enough not to need any help just a bit of advice,i had my cat pts in jan and recieved so many kind words from forum thank you all for the positive feedback,the others well pfft who cares if they want to critise take it with a pinch of salt x

No ones really come round to help me with anything, but there has been lots of great and helpful advise given to me on threads and via PM etc..

I have been and helped out with various things, and everyone I ever met, have always been great people..

The regulars that attend the meets (there's one tonight... (Thread link!!) ) are a great bunch of people too... you should come round :D... but I warn you, they do bite a little tho ;)

One forummer went round to another forummers house to remove a dead bird I read on one of the threads a week or so back.

That was Phanerothyme, it was a splendid thing to do. It was late at night and he set off straight away. And they weren't forummers who already knew each other either. What a star. :thumbsup:

I would have to nominate mojo1 who went beyond the call of duty in organizing just about everything and being Nurse Nightenmare when I had an operation two years ago, immediately followed by a total nervous breakdown (that's me, not her). There were a bunch of other people who very kindly helped but I won't try to list them now in case I forget someone. Mojo gets the standing ovation though.

The most satisfying time I have had on this forum is when a 19 year old girl wanted to meet the father she had never seen to tell him he was a grandfather. She posted this on the Sheffield History and ex pats section.

I knew the girls father and where he lived in another part of England, I got in touch with him and arranged for them to meet.

That was about 18 months ago and I got a lovelly PM a few weeks ago from the girl thanking me and telling me the day her and her father met was one of the happiest days of her life and now they are in regular contact.

Lovelly........

Archived