Pride of sheffield forum

one forummer went to help a stranded female with her car & kindly loaned the female his battery off his campervan which is or now was his pride & joy, the female vanished & last we saw, the car was up for sale in the for sale section on here. her reported excuse for not giving him the battery back was "iv broke several bones & unable to drive back from luton" a bit strange considering she was posting on here at the same time, replying to threads in the for sale section saying she could pick items up immediately:roll:

The most satisfying time I have had on this forum is when a 19 year old girl wanted to meet the father she had never seen to tell him he was a grandfather. She posted this on the Sheffield History and ex pats section.

I knew the girls father and where he lived in another part of England, I got in touch with him and arranged for them to meet.

That was about 18 months ago and I got a lovelly PM a few weeks ago from the girl thanking me and telling me the day her and her father met was one of the happiest days of her life and now they are in regular contact.

Lovelly........

nice 1 alex, i also reunited a lass of almost 25yrs old with her father who now lives in hartlepool a few month ago via the ex pats, they'd not seen eachother since she was 6 months old. i think its on the fairgrounds thread in ex pats

Archived