At what age would you let your child sit in the cinema without you?

With the holidays coming up and new films coming out, the cinema is always a good way to kill a few hours but at what age would you trust your child in the cinema alone?

Obviously teenagers are usually fine to take themselves in alone or with a group but what about younger than that? Do any of you let your child sit in alone? And how far away do you wander whilst they are in there?

I have to say that I never sat in a cinema alone until I was in my late teens, but I certainly went in with friends from being about 11 or 12... No reason for a small group of kids not to sit together without adults from about 11 I would say... Don't think it's a good idea for a kid to sit alone until they're well into their teens though...

I think I started being allowed to get a bus and watch a film with my friends in year 7 at school - 11 or 12ish? If I had wanted to go on my own I think my parents would have wanted me to be 14/15ish.

I have 2 girls 10 & 11. I think they would be okay at Meadowhall if I took them in, went round the shops & met them afterwards. They have a phone & I could be there in minutes if I needed to. To be honest I quite like going though as I quite enjoy most of the films they do & it gives me a good excuse.

Archived