Sheffield Forum as described by Unencyclopeadia

very good.

i like the bit about regular topics include...bus fares ,routes etc...im always going on about that!!!! makes my blood boil!!!:rant:

also the 'im not a racist but.....' thats a regular post innit[ not by me i hasten to add]

That bit at the end about ecclesall road being 2 minutes to cycle to and 90 minutes on the bus....so true, ive been up there tonight in rush hour:hihi::hihi:

Not many other cities have a large web forum where people can join and discuss issues relevant to the local area. Unfortunately, Sheffield does, and Sheffield Forum is the name of this entity. It is usually inhabited by people with no lives, and anyone with over 4,000 posts are real life wasters and spend their days here as they have no friends to speak of. Not real friends, anyway.

The site is run by a bloke called Geoff. Nobody seems to know his surname: Geoff Boycott, being from Yorkshire himself, has refused to comment on speculation. Moderators on the site include (but not limited to) the Führer, Pol Pot, Robert Mugabe, Fidel Castro and all members of the current government of Turkmenistan. These moderator generally rule with an iron fist, deleting any comments they personally don't agree with (if they break the House Rules or not), without giving any explanations for doing so.

Regular topics and phenomena include:

Cyclists jumping red lights

Old people falling through windows and/or smelling

Buses (cleanliness, poor routes, high fares, seat allocation or just plain lack of buses to moan about because they are late)

Reports of the Google Street View car,

Motorbikers in woods, specifically in an area of Sheffield known locally as High Green, which in 1989 attempted to attach itself to Barnsley, but without success

The "I'm not a racist.......but... " thread.

Panic over the non-existent threat of Swine Flu

Obsessive criticism of Nick Clegg, the Lib/Dems, the coalition etc. by the same two posters (possible just one) who repeatedly post the same thread once a day, with the words cunningly rearranged.

Lively debate over the merits of two organisations masquerading as football teams, who ply their trade in the second tier of said organisational structure.

Sightings of UFO's that turn out to be Chinese lanterns,

Sightings of Chinese lantern's that turn out to be UFOs,

The "What was/is that loud bang/siren/screaming" (delete as appropriate) noise in suburb X at time Y thread,

Enquiries into the activities of the emergency services ("What are the police doing on X Street?"), as well as the flight patterns of the police helicopter.

Moans about children and their activities

Requests for (gay friendly) drag bars.

How do I get a bus from X to Y (ignoring the many other sites on the Net devoted to such information)

"Why can't I post an ad?!". Even though it tells the user they need 5 posts first.

The blatant promoting of businesses by first time posters.

The purchasing of greyhounds

-----

this is so very true..... (all of it)

ufos mistaken for chinese lanterns

and chinese lanterns mistaken for ufos :hihi:

pmsl

this crops up on the local news ,in the papers, on the radio every two or three months doesnt it?

its in the star tonight.:hihi:

That bit at the end about ecclesall road being 2 minutes to cycle to and 90 minutes on the bus....so true, ive been up there tonight in rush hour:hihi::hihi:

So are you one of the middle aged men who gets disappointed when the pretty students get off the bus? :hihi:

Archived