A question for all believers.

;6489110']...also you're question is badly phrased. I had to read it several times to understand it. Its also nonsensical considering the universe is so filled with intense radiation and extremes of temperature that 98% of its environment would kill you instantly.

You may well argue that the notion of the universe existing solely for human benefit is a nonsensical one. I'd agree with you. However, the original question is directed at those who do not agree with you, and who believe that the universe does, indeed, exist solely for human benefit.

;6489110']...also you're question is badly phrased. I had to read it several times to understand it
You got there in the end Matt, that's the main thing..

Posted by Matt

Its also nonsensical considering the universe is so filled with intense radiation and extremes of temperature that 98% of its environment would kill you instantly.

:huh:.. Why is it nonsensical?. Is it due to the fact that all known laws of the universe have been considered from a human perspective?.

Interesting - so how would the laws of the universe (gravity for example) be different if we considered it from, for example, an elephants perspective?
It wouldn't be different, Newton's apple fell due to gravity, looking at it from a elephants perspective wouldn't change that.

My comment to Matt, was in context with,and in response to, his claim that my question is nonsensical. He claimed it was nonsensical because the intense radiation and extremes of temperature that occupy 98% of the universe would kill me instantly.

Now, the comment of mine that you have quoted, was intended to draw attention to the possibility,that whilst we(humans)would most certainly be killed by the extreme conditions that Matt speaks of, we cannot rule out the possibility, that there are "none human" beings that could survive, maybe thrive in such an hostile environment. We cannot presume that nothing could survive, simply because we cannot.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Let those who believe do it in peace.

I totally respect the views of those that believe, I always have.:confused:

Posted by GrannyGranny

Can't you just accept other peoples faith?

Yes, why do you ask?.. have I said or implied anything that could be perceived as being disrespectful to other peoples faith?:confused:

Posted by GrannyGranny

Is it because you've yet to find true meaning in life and find you are unfullfilled?

Not at all, I am more than content believing that there is no god. I'm a little unsure why you are being so defensive. Has my question offended you in some way?, Does asking my question qualify as an insult?. If indeed you are offended by someone holding a view that differs to your own, It maybe you who is unfulfilled and yet to find true meaning in life.

Since the wonders of the universe were created solely for the benefit of humans. Is it fair to say that all none human beings have a right to be <removed> at us.?

Believers of what? God?

I believe in God but I don't believe everything was created for humans.

Someone's got to stand up and say something against all these thinly veiled trolling posts...
(In the voice of Hannibal Lecter).... Hello Karis:twisted::D

Karis, I'm not trolling. You can't continue to say I am, without giving an explanation as to why you believe I am. I've asked a perfectly reasonable, straight forward question, so before you continue(as I'm sure you will)with this rather annoying, self serving, self gratifying, insincere "listen to me i'm a nice person" attacks on me, just bare in mind that the individuals that you are pretending to be concerned about, the one's to whom my perfectly reasonable question actually applies, are nothing other than forthright in their approach to voicing their views and opinions on anyone that dare have the audacity to consider the thought that other life may exist in this universe designed solely for our benefit. Rant over!.

Archived