Man fined £1500 for drowning a grey squirrel

The lefties need it. If they can't cry 'racist', they must at least cry 'Nazi', or they won't play and take their ball home.

Yes there terrible for stereotyping, making generalisations and jumping to massive conclusions about people on the basis of one sentence, aren't they, those lefties? Is it fun being so predictable and unimaginative?

A man has been ordered to pay more than £1,500 after he admitted drowning a grey squirrel, the RSPCA said today.

Raymond Elliot, 58, of Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire, was also handed a six-month conditional discharge after he pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

He was ordered to pay the RSPCA's prosecution costs of £1,547 at Burton-upon-Trent Magistrates' Court last Friday.

Today, RSPCA inspector Laura Bryant said: "Drowning an animal is a horrible death and magistrates agreed that it causes unnecessary suffering. Therefore, if you kill a squirrel by drowning you are committing a criminal offence.

"This case has a serious message for anyone who has purchased a trap and then set it in their garden as a way of dealing with squirrels.

"People need to be aware that drowning animals causes suffering. It is a slow, terrifying death and it is against the law to cause this suffering to animals."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/man-fined-for-drowning-squirrel-2030149.html

Discuss..

£1500 is that all, £1500 a year to the RSPCA would have been a better punishment

Why did the cruel idiot do it, it's a shame they couldn't half drowned this idiot so he could see what it is like

I hope he is attacked by a vigilante group of squirrels out for revenge

Yes there terrible for stereotyping, making generalisations and jumping to massive conclusions about people on the basis of one sentence, aren't they, those lefties? Is it fun being so predictable and unimaginative?
Ask a leftie, one just demonstrated their predictability with aplomb. :hihi:

How comes when people are looking for a pointless analogy the Nazi’s always get mentioned.

there was a point to the analogy. It was affirming what skinz said - about using the words 'rodents' and 'vermin' to justify inflicting pain and death - through the use of an example. I hope this is more clear to you now I have spelled it out. :hihi:

What, trying to take over Europe, going into league with Japan and gassing Jews?

No, trying to take over the middle east, going into league with the US and killing a million Iraqis and god knows how many Afghans.

Why do you think people "need to inflict pain"?

I shoot squirrels to eat them, not to relish their agonies. I would be disappointed if I did not kill them cleanly and without pain.

Unless you are shooting them on a farm or similar private land you must have a pretty big garden to shoot squirrels without breaking firearm law. The consequences of breaking any of the firearm laws (including airguns) are pretty draconian and will make a bit of free squirrel meat seem very expensive indeed.

Archived