Man fined £1500 for drowning a grey squirrel

Unless you are shooting them on a farm or similar private land you must have a pretty big garden to shoot squirrels without breaking firearm law. The consequences of breaking any of the firearm laws (including airguns) are pretty draconian and will make a bit of free squirrel meat seem very expensive indeed.
They are indeed, but do enlighten me as to how somebody more than 50 feet from the centre of a public highway, on their own land (or with the landowners permission), and shooting pest species with an air rifle, is breaking the law?

Which firearm law are you thining of? Very little of the legislation on air guns has changed since the 1968 Act.

Oh dear, so do you think rodents deserve the sympathy and support we afforded the Nazis' human victims?

Do I? No, actually. What I think is that you are yet another predictable Alf Garnet type (is there a factory somewhere?) whose cliched opinions are so shallow that their expression revolves almost entirely around attributing opinions and beliefs to other people which they have neither expresed nor implied.

Do I? No, actually. What I think is that you are yet another predictable Alf Garnet type (is there a factory somewhere?) whose cliched opinions are so shallow that their expression revolves almost entirely around attributing opinions and beliefs to other people which they have neither expresed nor implied.
Ah, ok - so there was no point to the analogy above then.

As clear as mud perhaps you could explain how killing one squirrel is comparable with killing thousands of men, women and children.

Ps

Simple English is just as good as smugness.

Donkey won't understand that, he's too busy trying to impress himself.

Ah, ok - so there was no point to the analogy above then.

No, you are apparently incapable of understanding what the actual point was because you can not imagine there could be any alternative to your somewhat warped interpretation of it.

Why did the cruel idiot do it

Apparently in the mistaken belief that drowning was not a cruel death, given that the trap he used seemingly contained no instructions on how to dispose of the squirrel once caught.

Deliberate cruelty for kicks does not appear to have been a factor, for once.

As clear as mud perhaps you could explain how killing one squirrel is comparable with killing thousands of men, women and children.

Ps

Simple English is just as good as smugness.

Why should I explain something which i didn't say? I like being smug because it annoys all the wilfully stupid people who deliberately misinterpret what you say in a rather futile attempt to score points.

One killer justifies his actions by calling his targets vermin; the other justifies his actions by calling his targets vermin.

Given that the two sentences are word-for-word identical, merely calling them "comparable" hardly goes far enough.

Donkey won't understand that, he's too busy trying to impress himself.

Says the man who i have not seen on the Forum til today and most of whose opinions i have seen so far revolve around the theme of what a high achiever and generally all round superior specimen of a human being he is.:hihi:

What was it you said before? Something about the 'great unwashed' being too 'embittered' to acknowlege the superior social staus self proclaimed over achievers such as yourself deserve? :hihi:

Archived