Man fined £1500 for drowning a grey squirrel

If you kill an animal you are an animal murderer, no matter which form of murder you choose. Wether the death is slow or quick the intention and result are the same (thats what I think anyway).

I get a couple of cats messing on my garden every day. I feel like killing them, but realise they are just doing what they do. So I let them get on with it. If I were to kill them I would make it very quick. Drowning is very slow and cruel.

One killer justifies his actions by calling his targets vermin; the other justifies his actions by calling his targets vermin.

Given that the two sentences are word-for-word identical, merely calling them "comparable" hardly goes far enough.

Exactly! It is the language used to justify the killing which is the same. Not the magnitude of the killing or it's moral implications. That is what I was saying, and to give it the interpretation that killing squirrels is as evil as murdering 30 million people is really being pretty stupid.

I get a few squirrels on my allotment. They do no harm whatsoever.

I get a few cats also. They dig up my newly cleared soil where my seeds are sown and leave me with a fresh new poop to deal with!

When does a squirrel become a pest? When does a cat cease to become a pet, and turn into a pest?

When do we cease comparing the killing of a cat or a squirrel to killing 30 million people?

That is what I was saying, and to give it the interpretation that killing squirrels is as evil as murdering 30 million people is really being pretty stupid.

And there we have it so why bring the Nazi’s into it, that’s all I was saying from the beginning.

Back on topic

If someone produces a cage without telling you what to do when you have caught one are they partly libel .

And there we have it so why bring the Nazi’s into it, that’s all I was saying from the beginning.

Back on topic

If someone produces a cage without telling you what to do when you have caught one are they partly libel .

No. They are just producing a cage.

No. They are just producing a cage.

I agree, it's not their fault

The idoit could have took the squirrel to the vets or called the RSPCA but he couldn't be bothered so he threw a caged animal in water and let it drowned

I wish i could throw him into some water while he is trapped :rant:

If you had included all the post you quoted instead of deliberately changing it's context, the reason why was in there. I guess that's why you did it.

I agree, it's not their fault

The idoit could have took the squirrel to the vets or called the RSPCA but he couldn't be bothered so he threw a caged animal in water and let it drowned

I wish i could throw him into some water while he is trapped :rant:

Doesn't that make you the same as him?

Archived