Fed up with the Halifax

Just a bit of a rant about the halifax but a warning to others. I was late with my payment of £5 on my credit card as i was waiting for my statement to come through before paying it and as a result they have reduced my limit from £2100 to just £500. What`s that all about? This now means that i can`t use it for car hire at the end of september in spain. As a result I`m having to get another and transfer the balance. It`s not like i`m a regular user of credit cards, I hate them. I used this one perhaps every 2 years and always made payments on time. So just beware.

Just a bit of a rant about the halifax but a warning to others. I was late with my payment of £5 on my credit card as i was waiting for my statement to come through before paying it and as a result they have reduced my limit from £2100 to just £500. What`s that all about? This now means that i can`t use it for car hire at the end of september in spain. As a result I`m having to get another and transfer the balance. It`s not like i`m a regular user of credit cards, I hate them. I used this one perhaps every 2 years and always made payments on time. So just beware.

I'd try another car hire company.

http://www.doyouspain.com.

I have a direct debit set up with my credit card company where they collect the balance every month, however you can set one up to take the minimum payment.

I have never liked the Halifax, when I got my first mortgage the payments commenced in January. I thought of a way of giving myself a little extra at Christmas by paying enough extra from January to November to cover December, nasty letter after nasty letter arrived until I insisted on an appointment with the manager (they had them in those days).

He gave me the third degree and wouldn't let me get a word in edgeways, until I asked "how much do I owe you? After much faffing about he told me that I didn't owe anything, I then said "would you like a cheque or cash?" He made an excuse and left the office. :hihi:

Tell them to get stuffed and get another bank

Might not ne that easy. The late payment will now be on the credit agency record as a black mark.

Late payments with any credit transaction now go against you...even with things like gas and electric bills.

Archived