Whereabouts of Bridport Road

I believe it's still where it always was according to my current A-Z.

It's a seemingly small road running between Darnall Road and Shirland Road, parallel to Wilfrid Road.

Regards,

Duffems

Many thanks. It looks like it was bombed in the war and the street flattened later.

Many thanks. It looks like it was bombed in the war and the street flattened later.

It's still on A-Z's so it could be like a lot of Sheffield streets that were "flattened" for whatever reason and now remain with just a street name on them.

Just looked on "picturesheffield" and there are just 2 photos, one of the Sportsman Inn and one of the Albert Inn which I assume were on the corners of Bridport Road and Darnall Road, sorry not to have been more helpful.

In case it's of interest, here are scans from the Kelly's directories of 1942 and 1968. In 1942 Mrs Ann Thistlethwaite kept the Sportsman's Inn at 158 Darnall Road, while at No 162 opposite was the Albert Inn with Thomas Flanagan in charge. :)

Archived