What was the name of this fairground ride?

Joanna

For the first time in 17 years, I went on the Waltzes - the last time was when I was a kid.

Anyhow, I then remembered another ride which I don't see anymore. I'm racking your brains again to see if you remember the what it was called?

It was a big, very fast roundabout with big 'sofas' not comfy ones, but more like pub seats, with 'motorbikes' dotted in between. Any ideas?:)

"Speedway", I think you'll find....

Best ridden very cooly, with your back resting on one of the safety railings (not sat down, that's for wimps!), singing "Needle in a Haystack" and other trashy motown numbers....

Or is this just the way *I* remember things??!!

:o

Originally posted by BoroughGal

Best ridden very cooly, with your back resting on one of the safety railings (not sat down, that's for wimps!), singing "Needle in a Haystack" and other trashy motown numbers....

thats right,i worked on the waltzers for farrars fair when i was younger,the music was great,supremes,ronnets, little richard,cant listen to them now without thinking i smell hot dogs and onions

Originally posted by bensonhedges

Try googling ("speedway"+"fairground") but without the brackets - there's loads of info. I love the fair - nearly ran away with them when I was about 12!

should of done and saved us the grief:D :D

sorry couldnt resist that:cool:

Originally posted by BoroughGal

Speedway-very nostalgic. I used to love this ride. I remember me and 2 mates were leaning on the safety railings, one of my friends fell off, did a forward roll down the steps and amazingly survived it. :o

Archived