Are you holidaying at home or abroad this year?

I'll have a week or so in Sheffield towards the end of August, then my wife wants to go to Malta/Cyprus/Calabria for a few days in late September, then the kids (and the grand children) will be coming here for Christmas.

Next February we have the World Alpine Ski championships just down the road so the place will be packed with tourists and we'll go to Florida for a couple of weeks to get away from them.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll have a week or so in Sheffield towards the end of August, then my wife wants to go to Malta/Cyprus/Calabria for a few days in late September, then the kids (and the grand children) will be coming here for Christmas.

Next February we have the World Alpine Ski championships just down the road so the place will be packed with tourists and we'll go to Florida for a couple of weeks to get away from them.

Sounds fantastic.

I have just come back from Woolacombe and Ilfracombe. really got in to the surfing way of life and had good weather even though it wasn't so good here in Sheffield, we gots lots of sunshine.

Only downside was coming back up the M5!

Looking to go soon to Anglesey

• 3 weeks later...

I have been lucky this year and been to Germany twice with my other half as that's where he's from. I have not been abroad before this year for nearly ten years and I think there are some beautiful places as yet undiscovered (by me I mean) in the British Isles. But I think I have now caught the 'travel bug' and Egypt is calling me - or maybe some cruise - a baltic cruise. I need to save up now big style - this is what I have my eye on for the end of the year - Red Sea.

If you're going to Mallorca and Santa Ponsa be sure to find Scrumpy Jo's bar. It's Sheffield owned and run and they even have Hendersons for your pie and chips! Take a look at http://www.mallorcasfirstchoice.com/scrumpyjos

Lol - pie and chips - just take a few tins of Fray Bentos with yer. Probably considered contraband though now. Something as dense and metallic as a fray bentos pie in its tin may look suspicious on the x-ray machine at the airport.

Archived