Are you holidaying at home or abroad this year?

I've had breaks both home and abroad this year-weekends in Amsterdam, Lincoln, Whitby, London, a week camping in Scotland, five days in Berlin, a week in Tenerife (a place which was much much nicer then I expected-we did avoid British tourists like the plague though ;) ) and numerous weekends in the Lakes. Got a weekends in Munich coming up for the Christmas Markets and no doubt squeeze in another camping trip before the end of the year, as well as a couple more times upto the Lakes (OH's parents live up there-perfect excuse :D )

I think holidaying home and abroad both have their pros and cons, and simply don't understand people that must go abroad or they feel like they are missing something-the UK has got some wonderful scenery and places to stay. I have to admit though, that I really, really enjoy travelling to new places with different languages and ways of doing things. Maybe I just enjoy not being home..... :hihi:

Archived