Is nudity offensive?

after all god would have created babies that were born in romper suits if it was otherwise!

My sentiments exactly especially the other week when there was so much fuss about google street view taking a photo which included a naked toddler in his/her own garden

I know BF, I was just showing the evolution of clothing through nessessity. Although most 'tasks' whether work based or recreational have moved towards a clothes wearing society, there is no real need for clothing (as a previous posted has stated), whilst walking down Fargate.
..and you're quite right, I'd not thought of it from that perspective.

I think it's they grey-hazy-area of morals & law. Some laws are not morals; some morals are not laws...but it appears that this area in most peoples eyes there is both a moral & legal obligation to wear clothing.

Well my interest was originally aroused by the naked bike ride in Endcliffe Park, complete with (clothed) police in attendance.

People did bat eyelids, but with smiles on their faces. It seems illogical to me that a large group of naked people in a park pass off without incident, whereas a single bloke doing the same thing the following day would in all probability end up getting arrested.

You might find this link, very amusing!

"Police strip to halt nudist crime"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4700457.stm

My sentiments exactly especially the other week when there was so much fuss about google street view taking a photo which included a naked toddler in his/her own garden

..folks can really get over excited about nothing, can't they?

Im all for nudity ........................ among fit ,slim ,blonde , female beach volleyball players .:love::love::love:

..it's probably for that reason it's illegal, the NHS would be over employed because of middle aged men hyper-ventilating ;)

The ban the burka thread raised some interesting issues about freedom of personal choice.

It seems our default position is one where we wear clothes without question, and the state endorses this by criminalising acts which outrage public decency, which can include being naked in public if more than one person is affronted by it.

But what is offensive or wrong about being naked provided there's no sexual context to it?

Religious groups should be the biggest supporters of it, after all god would have created babies that were born in romper suits if it was otherwise!

There is nothing at all wrong with being nude in public as long as the is no sexual aspect to it.

There are some good nudist beaches and some very good nudist camps if you are interested in it.

I have never understood why it is an offensive to show something that is as beautiful and natural as the human body.

I have suddenly changed my mind. There is a major problem with a nudist teacher (going back to bhurka thread).

If you add in hard-ons from either the teacher or pupil suddenly it becomes totally unacceptable for a nudist to teach:gag:

In general though people in the nude are far less sexual than those just covering the offensive items. If you think about what saggy tits and girl and boy bits actually look like its not that exciting, cover them up slightly and its a whole new ball game (literally)

People did bat eyelids, but with smiles on their faces.

It seems illogical to me that a large group of naked people in a park pass off without incident, whereas a single bloke doing the same thing the following day would in all probability end up getting arrested.

You might find this link, very amusing!

"Police strip to halt nudist crime"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4700457.stm

That's the anomaly that is 'policing' in this country....and you could argue that they make their own work. I've always argued (usually to deaf ears) that if a law is there it should be enforced or what's the point, just repeal it!

It would seem rule of mob (i.e a gang of cyclists) get off scot-free whereas individuals are easy targets i'm afraid.

Archived