Is nudity offensive?

i'd wear less, and be naked more often if it was more accepted...

I have been thinking opening a bar where I would allow people to be naked if they wished... the closest 'nudist gathering' to us is a good few hours drive away...

That would be a good idea, many people would probably be comfortable with nudity in that kind of environment...hold on, dont La Chambre do it already Ghozer? ;)

Grahame the notion was so outlandish, surely it couldn't be taken seriously?!!

Anyway, back to the question, since we were born in the altogether, why do Christians and other religious groups believe nakedness is improper?

Ps: or do they?

But what is offensive or wrong about being naked provided there's no sexual context to it?

Religious groups should be the biggest supporters of it, after all god would have created babies that were born in romper suits if it was otherwise!

It was a snide comment about religion and in this intolerant society what the heck do you think you are doing by ridiculing a section of society and adding fuel to the fire? It can only makes matters worse.

Secondly how can revealing you sexuality have no sexual context?

I think you are confusing two ideas here. There's nothing sexual about being naked; it's quite normal to be naked and not involved in sexual activity and there's nothing sexually explicit about a naked human being.

Where's Bago when you need a really wacky view on the offensiveness of the naked human form?

Bizarrely I was thinking about her earlier this evening. What a gal! Mad as a snake, but strangely charming.

It was a snide comment about religion and in this intolerant society what the heck do you think you are doing by ridiculing a section of society and adding fuel to the fire? It can only makes matters worse.
No it was a joke at religions expense, nothing 'snidey' about it all, perhaps the world would be a better place if religious zealots of all persuasions learnt to take a joke.

It doesn't trouble kids who splash in a paddling pool, or naturists who enjoy family holidays, they don't do it as an opportunity to maul each other.

No it was a joke at religions expense, nothing 'snidey' about it all, perhaps the world would be a better place if religious zealots of all persuasions learnt to take a joke.

It doesn't trouble kids who splash in a paddling pool, or naturists who enjoy family holidays, they don't do it as an opportunity to maul each other.

So you don't see anything wrong in joking about religion.

I know you don't and that tells me all I need to know about you.

Perhaps the world would be a better place if people stopped causing trouble and offending other people.

Archived