Is nudity offensive?

It was a snide comment about religion and in this intolerant society what the heck do you think you are doing by ridiculing a section of society and adding fuel to the fire? It can only makes matters worse.

Secondly how can revealing you sexuality have no sexual context?

BF made a joke in a post ............... the rest of us saw it for what it was . A lighthearted comment .

:roll::roll:

Not in the slightest, but I'd restrain myself from anything too offensive because I appreciate it's a solemn lifestyle to some people-joking about babies being born with clothes I didn't believe was so offensive.

That's fine, but it doesnt really tell you very much about me at all.

Totally agree, but tell me, were you mortally offended by my joke? I certainly wasn't offended by your response to it.

I am very much offended by you attitude. And just to say it is not religion that causes the problem it is people who cause the offence.

You see it on the street, you see it at football matches, people get upset and that is when fights break out and I would have thought someone in your position would have understood that.

I am very much offended by you attitude. And just to say it is not religion that causes the problem it is people who cause the offence.

You see it on the street, you see it at football matches, people get upset and that is when fights break out and I would have thought someone in your position would have understood that.

Which position are you talking about?

Ok, I hear what you say, and apologise for causing you any upset.

Not read any of this thread but just had to reply as I've just come back from my hols. The rest of my party dislike the beach immensely, so I wandered off on my tod and caught a boat to an isolated beach around the headland to where we were.

I looked and though .. Ahhh, over there I shall put my towel ... and wandered off merrily .. it was only as I got closer that I noticed the people were all nudey. A little click in my brain reminded me that "to the left, it is a naturist beach" .. ahhhh, that'll be it then!

Didn't offend me at all .. I cannot believe how comfortable they obviously felt with their bodies ... from going on air beds in the water, belly down and legs spread eagled .. (I didn't get a close up, no, before someone asks), to actually bending down so I could see this woman's "growler" as my daughter calls it .. erk ! Good for them though ... there was I, sat in my tankini, unwilling to show off my flabby belly ...

I think it depends quite a bit on how you view nakedness. I'm sure some people just regard nudity as sex and fail to see the beauty of the human body in itself. It's only natural for us to want to see other people naked as that's how we subconciously choose our mates (no...not friends, stupid!)

This is inborn and not taught. So it's only natural for blokes to want to see naked ladies and vice versa (in most cases)

As such, nakedness has featured very heavily in art throughout the centuries (apart from the odd vase of flowers or a load of people being hacked to death) Sometimes this art is meant to titilate and sometimes to celebrate the beauty of the human form. Due to our inborn inate mechanism these two can easily merge.

Whichever way you look at it I hardly think you could say nudity is offensive. :)

Archived