Abbeydale Junior School

Soosie

Wonder if anyone remembers Miss Moseley who taught at Abbeydale Junior School, she taught me in my last year there in 1951, I remember several pupils namely Sandra Iley, Florence Millington,Anne Gains,Bruce Gore,Anne Walker,Brenda Wales :hihi:

Yes I remember Miss Moseley,also Miss Laycock,(Headmistress),Mr Pritchard (A true Gentleman).Miss Burell,(Infants).

I also left in 51 to go to Carfield Secondary.

Keith.

Hi Keith, I thought Miss Burrell was a lovely lady, also Mr Pritchard was really a great teacher who had time for you. I also went to Carfield and then onto Rowlinson when it was first opened by Princess Margaret. My surname was Jackson and I used to enjoy athletics the best and ran for the school and Sheffield. Hopefully some more of ex-pupils will get in touch now we are all nearing our 70th year.

Hi Soosie,I was also at Rowlinson,on the day it was opened by Princess Margaret.Our paths must have crossed somewhere at School.

I have an old photograph,taken on a school trip to Castleton (Whilst at Abbeydale).

Did you go on the trip? I think it was on a day,when School was colsed for Voting.

There were most of the Juniors there,& a few of the Teachers.

By the way,my Surname is Webster,don't know if you know me or not.

Hi Keith, I remember going to Castleton as it was so cold and damp there and got feet wet through. I can vaguely remember you, did you know Jimmy Ward? It would be nice if we could get some of the old class mates from Abbeydale to meet up some time

Hi Soosie,some of the names of School Mates I remember are,Tony Butterworth,(from the bike shop across from school).Dennis Lowe,Barry Marley,Keith Methley,Sylvia Breedon,Jaquiline Wan,

Do you remember the Chrismas Partys?& the Girl who used to Sing & Dance at every one.

I was usually the Announcer,also do you remember a Play we did,called Sleepy Cicely?to my eternal shame,i was the lead in that.Was Florence Millington Keith's Sister?

Keith.

Hi Keith, unfortunately cannot remember the names you have given, I do remember Miss Longmate was the Head Teacher at Abbeydale when I was there. I might be older than you ?? The names I recall are Alan Newbould,Alan Morton,Zena Mileham,Pat Packard,Pat Wilson,David Marsh,Anne Walker,Bruce Gore,Kenneth Fox,Keith Mcgee,Brenda Wales,:roll:

Hi Soosie,You are right,it was Miss Longmate.I started there in1945 until 1951,then like yourself went on to Carfield Secondary.From where you said you used to live,you may have known Billy Boddington,who lived on the corner of Chippinghouse Road,or John Widdowson,who lived on Stead Road,John was a good swimmer and usually won something at the Swimming Galas at Heeley Baths.I may be a bit older than you.Cyril Fox,Kenneths Brother,was in my Class.

Keith

Archived