2014 - The year of world peace?

I've seen a few news reports detailing 2014 as being an important year for deadlines and plans - such as British troops out of Afghanistan by that date.

Considering it will be 100 years since the First World War wouldn't it be nice if this year would be the year that world peace would be declared?

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land? :)

I've seen a few news reports detailing 2014 as being an important year for deadlines and plans - such as British troops out of Afghanistan by that date.

Considering it will be 100 years since the First World War wouldn't it be nice if this year would be the year that world peace would be declared?

I would love to stop saying "World Peace" when asked "what d'ya want" but I cannot see it happening in my lifetime and especially in 2014.

The same people who feel that 2014 will go as planned are probably not far behind the ones that say the world will end in 2012

I'd be happy if it was the year there was no trouble on this forum

world peace I'd be ecstatic

sadly I doubt either will come to pass in our lifetimes

When yopu experts decide when world peace will finally break out please give me a post so I can get the old VW with all the flowers painted on it out of storage, grow a pony tail, tie on a headband, roll a little mary jane and start singing Kumbaya

no chance pity though:confused:

Archived