I keep feeling ill

Citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, and sertraline selectively inhibit the re-uptake of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT); they are termed selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Side-effects can include palpitation, tachycardia, postural hypotension, coughing, yawning, confusion, impaired concentration, malaise, amnesia, migraine, paraesthesia, abnormal dreams, taste disturbance, increased salivation, rhinitis, tinnitus, polyuria, micturition disorders, diaphoria, euphoria; paradoxical increased anxiety during initial treatment of panic disorder.

Just take deep breaths and try to carry on.

If you find that you dont get on with your current medication, try asking your Doc to switch you to a different SSRI or a Tricyclic antidepressant.

The only news I deal with is gaming related as thats what I post on my site (see signature) and I do have a lot of fun playing some games. I find Call of Duty makes things worse -grr the stress lol.

The Doc asked me to make my next appointment with her so thats why I am holding out until Friday.

As for coming off the tablets, I really don't want to and I don't actually think they have to be managed but I could be wrong.

It is really important that you don't just come off the medication yourself - they need to be reduced gradually and the Dr will come up with a timetable to do this.

It does sound like you are suffering one of the side effects of the drug - does you Dr know about you feeling sick? if not, tell them. They will be able to try another type of medication which hopefully won't have such side effects.

Do you get any regular exercise? A brisk walk out in the fresh air 3 or 4 times a week generally helps with feelings of depression.

thats right, you have to inform your doctor about how you are feeling and about the subject of not taking your medication anymore. Your doctor knows what would be the best thing you can do.

And try to divert your attention to something healthy... like talking or playing with your kids. or yes, do some exercise. That would be helpful....

Archived