Calls from Microsoft Help

SILLY

I think the other two guys are missing my point

No we're pretty much getting it. You're suggesting that you clicked on a link on the Microsoft website and it took you to a scammer.

We know this not to be true because MS simply wouldn't do it.

There are 2 possibilities:

1. You weren't on the MS website, you were on a spoof-site and weren't paying attention.

2. You're lying.

What does it gain you? Even as entertainment, it's a bit poor. Really, it's just a waste of you're own time.

Wouldn't a quick, cut to the chase "look, I know you're a scammer, now f**k off and scam someone else" then hang up, work better?

And then I get loads more calls off them

I have the phone at the side of me and carry on doing what I was doing in the first place so how am I wasting time

Have you ever seen a 70yo upset because he has given his number to them for help and £200 + of his savings have disappeared

You may not like it but if I can keep them talking for 40-60 mins its time they can't call someone else who may not be as clever with the English language as you

---------- Post added 28-09-2013 at 19:24 ----------

sent waldo a pm so he knows what I am talking about.and I don't tell lies

And that proves?

And then I get loads more calls off them

I have the phone at the side of me and carry on doing what I was doing in the first place so how am I wasting time

Well, that would be my preferred course of action in the scenario described. I have nothing to gain from it, so just want to end the interaction ASAP, and not have them call back (if they know you're on to them, they're going to waste their time on some other sucker, who may pay out).

Have you ever seen a 70yo upset because he has given his number to them for help and £200 + of his savings have disappeared

Nope. Never seen anything like that.

How does keeping them on the phone and wasting your own time help that 70 year old? If you feel it does in some way, and you're happy to sacrifice your own time, go for it.

You may not like it but if I can keep them talking for 40-60 mins its time they can't call someone else who may not be as clever with the English language as you

I see your point, but I think you could probably spend your 40-60 mins, in way more productive and positive ways that would serve vulnerable people...

Just had a bloke from "Microsoft" on the phone, showing me all the faults I have on my computer, for 24 minutes he was telling me how my computer was about to crash, he even showed me the "Error" files, and phoned me back up when the line went bad. A total of 24 minutes 18 seconds he spent, before I told him I was a certified Microsoft engineer, and that I was using the "Red Hat" OS.

He hung up ................ I wonder why?

No I'm not a Microsoft engineer and I'm not using Linux, but it was the best laugh I've had for days, Had to share it.

I perhaps should of added for anyone that doesn't know - THIS IS A SCAM - and these warning/error notes are nowt to do with the stability of your computer, every computer has them. Don't be fooled into 1 - Going to their Web site. 2 - Handing over any money/bank detail or the like.

Archived