Britain was "junior partner" to US in fighting the Nazis

Yes I was, no argument there but if the Russkies had eventually taken over western Europe I for one would have joined the KGB and prowled the streets of Sheffield in search of "dangerous reactionary counter revolutionaries"

Who knows I might even have staked out your house Ruby :hihi: :hihi:

Yes, you strike me as the type that has no natural loyalty and an eye always out for the main chance. Now, what did they call those types? Quislings, was it? *ponder*

You might very well have stalked the streets as a KGB operative and bad things might have happened to you as a consequence. I don't think you'd have lasted long, Muhahahahaha :evil:

Yes, you strike me as the type that has no natural loyalty and an eye always out for the main chance. Now, what did they call those types? Quislings, was it? *ponder*

You might very well have stalked the streets as a KGB operative and bad things might have happened to you as a consequence. I don't think you'd have lasted long, Muhahahahaha :evil:

Muhahahahahaha? Whats that Ruby? The mating call of the Yorkshire lake loon?

Who knows you and I may have met face to face in the brightly lit cellar of KGB HQ on Pond street. You under the bright light and me saying

"Remember Ruby ve haf vays to make you talk" :hihi:

Just keep the exchanges light and the insults and character assasinations out of it okay ?

I doubt it,Americas is a bit like Manchester City football club ,the materials are there but you need team work to succeed ,something the typical American is not capable of..you all talk a lot but in reality you say very little. hence small time countries dont fear going up against you

We could always nuke em but the wind would eventually bring all that radio active contamination back to these shores.

Anyway bless the next England soccer team with that piece of advice about team work and dont waste it on me :hihi:

Just keep the exchanges light and the insults and character assasinations out of it okay ?
Take your own advice, you do nothing but assassinate us, which would possibly be fair enough if you were a born American, but you're supposed to have been one of our own and all you do is have a go at us. You'd have done well at your chosen career in the KGB, I'm sure, denouncing innocent people for wages.

Now I'm agreeing with you, how much nicer could I be? :)

I'm staying out of this one. Harley and Poppins are doing just fine without me. So old three lions there. You're losing it. Ruby, when you finally get over the fact that there are people who can dare to leave the magic that is Sheffield and like it, you might become a human being again. In the meantime adieu, ma chere, c'est tout pour moi.

If everything you say is true, you weren't even an American then, you were still English ... so whatever they did or did not do, it was nothing to do with you anyway. You were a mere recipient of their largesse and altruism along with the rest of us forelock tugging serfs. :hihi:

Just goes to show you Yanks will give credit where credits due no matter what country they lived in at that time

I'm staying out of this one. Harley and Poppins are doing just fine without me. So old three lions there. You're losing it. Ruby, when you finally get over the fact that there are people who can dare to leave the magic that is Sheffield and like it, you might become a human being again. In the meantime adieu, ma chere, c'est tout pour moi.
bless you, old fruit, you keep saying that, but you keep coming back! You've probably been so used all your life to having the last word. :D

No one is criticising you for not being able to hack it in England and going somewhere where you've had a much better life. It sounds idyllic, almost too good to be true, to us poor creatures of your imagination, festering away in our terraced back street hovels. All I've said and meant, is that coming onto a local forum in the guise of ex-pats and having nothing good to say about us and our country,and positively vaunting your adopted country is not a good way to act. It's quite discourteous, in fact.

You're just asking for it, similarly the way people who come on here and brag up Leeds get barracked. Get used to it! This is all from me, also, my friend. TTFN and goodnight x

Take your own advice, you do nothing but assassinate us, which would possibly be fair enough if you were a born American, but you're supposed to have been one of our own and all you do is have a go at us. You'd have done well at your chosen career in the KGB, I'm sure, denouncing innocent people for wages.

Now I'm agreeing with you, how much nicer could I be? :)

Who do you think you are Ruby ? Miss Brittania ? :hihi:

I dont cast aspersions on you personally so why do you indulge in this bitter attitude and descend to personnel insults.

Anyway it's obvious your sense of humour varies like the time of day so I will no longer endow you with my sparkling wit.

As for us ex pats:

We are that happy few,

That happy band of brothers and sisters.

Every ready to step once more unto the breech,

Every ready to defend against the slings and arrows hurtled by the hostile mob.

Get used to it Ruby. We aint going nowhere :D

Who do you think you are Ruby ? Miss Brittania ? :hihi:

I dont cast aspersions on you personally so why do you indulge in this bitter attitude and descend to personnel insults.

Anyway it's obvious your sense of humour varies like the time of day so I will no longer endow you with my sparkling wit.

As for us ex pats:

We are that happy few,

That happy band of brothers and sisters.

Every ready to step once more unto the breech,

Every ready to defend against the slings and arrows hurtled by the hostile mob.

Get used to it Ruby. We aint going nowhere :D

By that do you mean by real Americans

Archived