Britain was "junior partner" to US in fighting the Nazis

bless you, mon vieux, you keep saying that, but you keep coming back! You've probably been so used all your life to having the last word. :D

No one is criticising you for not being able to hack it in England and going somewhere where you've had a much better life. It sounds idyllic, almost too good to be true, to us poor creatures of your imagination, festering away in our terraced back street hovels. All I've said and meant, is that coming onto a local forum in the guise of ex-pats and having nothing good to say about us and our country,and positively vaunting your adopted country is not a good way to act. It's quite discourteous, in fact.

You're just asking for it, similarly the way people who come on here and brag up Leeds get barracked. Get used to it! C'est tout de moi, aussi, mon ami. Au revoir et bonsoir x

Come off it gal ! When some misguided ill informed individual starts a thread

belittling the US what do you expect us to do.? Just sit here and nod our heads in agreement? That's not how it works

I notice you are one of the first to post comments on any thread about the USA and lately have taken to mentioning our names into the bargain

Keep on going with your little private war. I've got bags more rhetoric to give in return

Come off it gal ! When some misguided ill informed individual starts a thread

belittling the US what do you expect us to do.? Just sit here and nod our heads in agreement? That's not how it works

I notice you are one of the first to post comments on any thread about the USA and lately have taken to mentioning our names into the bargain

Keep on going with your little private war. I've got bags more rhetoric to give in return

Your quite capable of belittling yourselves without any outside influence ,I mean even Buck classes a defeat as a hammering being handed out to the opposition:D

Your quite capable of belittling yourselves without any outside influence ,I mean even Buck classes a defeat as a hammering being handed out to the opposition:D

You dont do so bad yourself with your Keystone cops remark. You must be the life and soul down at the Pitsmoor Arms

Anyway got no more time to argue with you jokers. I've had my fun for now It's just gone 3:00 PM here. A lovely sunny day so I'l just grab a beer and join the missus by the pool

So until next time suckers,

(Extends the one finger salute)

Weren't the first incidents at Fort Sumter then Manassas. Seems like Southern aggression to me. But it was a war over money as you suggest and the bloodbath was terrible. The Southern dead lay unburied at Gettysburg, then buried without ceremony where they fell. Some of the victims of Andersonville are buried in my local Churchyard. There was some resentment in the North too, but they got over it. They were too busy to harp on something that happened a hundred and fifty odd years ago..

My memory is fading. ;) Tell me about it.:hihi::hihi:

The history (and the interpretations thereof) are, however interesting. I didn't mean my previous comments to be 'antagonistic' - why should I? (I'm a Channel Islander! - we've never even thought about invading you lot)

My Grammy's gran'gran'fer's granfer was a gentleman who ran a furniture shop. You may have heard of him, His name was Ethan Allen. Grammy's mother had originally been engaged to a Yankee who dies in that war. It was 'family history' on their side of the heap.

Ancestors can make life a little easier.

My memory is fading. ;) Tell me about it.:hihi::hihi:

The history (and the interpretations thereof) are, however interesting. I didn't mean my previous comments to be 'antagonistic' - why should I? (I'm a Channel Islander! - we've never even thought about invading you lot)

My Grammy's gran'gran'fer's granfer was a gentleman who ran a furniture shop. You may have heard of him, His name was Ethan Allen. Grammy's mother had originally been engaged to a Yankee who dies in that war. It was 'family history' on their side of the heap.

Ancestors can make life a little easier.

My grandpa and grandma settled in Guernsey just after they retired but had to pack up and leave and go back to Sheffield when the war started or risk being interned as enemy aliens

I doubt it,Americas is a bit like Manchester City football club ,the materials are there but you need team work to succeed ,something the typical American is not capable of..you all talk a lot but in reality you say very little. hence small time countries dont fear going up against you
Funny you should mention Manchester. There are two Manchester teams in the EPL. How many Sheffield teams? Oh that's right I forgot..... None!!!

Archived