Britain was "junior partner" to US in fighting the Nazis

I think you may find your very wrong there, we are not biased against us but we could be bias against you..

You see any one who tries to tell us their superior to us automatically rubs us up the wrong way..

In fact we have a name for people who do this, we call them WUMs (Wind up merchants) and you'd be amazed how many there are.

You even get people living in say Leeds or Doncaster claiming to be an American just to cause an argument ..

Amazing init.....:suspect:

I knew I'd get ganged up on. If you are implying that I still live in England, Imply away, I cannot prove where i live without risking my security, and you're just not worth that to me.

Have you seen the planning application.
lol I was there when they laid the foundations. :D

Leaving aside the old myths that the stones were brought over from Ireland by Old Nick himself, it's generally regarded now as preceding the Druids by a cool thousand years, although used by them for ceremonies.

Built in three stages first by a Neothilic tribe, then the Beakers, and then the Wessex people. We'll probably never really know what it was for. But there were definitely no junior partners involved in the building work ;)

I think you may find your very wrong there, we are not biased against us but we could be bias against you..

You see any one who tries to tell us their superior to us automatically rubs us up the wrong way..

In fact we have a name for people who do this, we call them WUMs (Wind up merchants) and you'd be amazed how many there are.

You even get people living in say Leeds or Doncaster claiming to be an American just to cause an argument ..Amazing init.....:suspect:

Who would those people be? Do tell

I edited it and translated it myself after I saw what the mod said or they'd have deleted mine as well.

Look, I don't have anything against you personally, or America or Americans, it just gets my mad up when you (as an ex-pat) have a go at Sheffield and England. Perhaps it's just a culture clash and what you think is being funny just comes across to me as being sarky. I don't want to do it anymore. it's even boring me now!

It was an attempt on my part to bring a litle civility into a situation of two reasonable enough people who happen to speak French, no more and no less than that. I just got home from a very pleasant and warm afternoon with my Granddaughter Victoria while she frolicked in the lake with a bunch of fellow 7 year olds. I sat in the shade of a tree reading a very good English aviation magazine, So I feel kind of mellow right now.I don't care very much who's the best or the worst. I just know I'm where I want to be. If it was me doing the same thing at a Cornish beach I would feel exactly the same. Perhaps with a litle more care. Lakes aren't usually very dangerous

lol I was there when they laid the foundations. :D

Leaving aside the old myths that the stones were brought over from Ireland by Old Nick himself, it's generally regarded now as preceding the Druids by a cool thousand years, although used by them for ceremonies.

Built in three stages first by a Neothilic tribe, then the Beakers, and then the Wessex people. We'll probably never really know what it was for. But there were definitely no junior partners involved in the building work ;)

Maybe then in light of that the "real British" are the neothilic tribes, the Beakers and the Wessex people and the rest just Johnny come latelys like the white man in America (or according to the logic of one individual)

My reply to you in French was turmed aside because, apparently. foreign langusges are not permitted . Your French to me was translated and permitted. Mine wasn't. Here's the English translation. " The same to thee my dear. In Quebec the term thee is always used instead of you in the first person singular. Friendly, isn't it. Why not between us? ". I see nothing mean spirited or snide in that, nor was it my intention. You are right, I do like tha last word, but I can see there is considerable bias against us. So no matter what I say I'll get ganged up on.
No sorry, I did not gang up on anyone, I reported it because I thought we were being invaded by johnny foreigner :hihi:

No bias or venom involved, I just don't speak de lingo and couldn't find the forum translator.

Sorry for any animosity it may have caused, but I hated French at school, I walked out of the class and never went back, ever (They spoke funny).

So translating it was not an option. I would have joined the Bordeaux forum if I was interested in it.

Sorry.

No sorry, I did not gang up on anyone, I reported it because I thought we were being invaded by johnny foreigner :hihi:

No bias or venom involved, I just don't speak de lingo and couldn't find the forum translator.

Sorry for any animosity it may have caused, but I hated French at school, I walked out of the class and never went back, ever (They spoke funny).

So translating it was not an option. I would have joined the Bordeaux forum if I was interested in it.

Sorry.

One of the rew things I was really good at in school was languages. I learned French and Gerrman at Nether Edge Grammar School. While I was in the navy I could get on OK using one of the three. English was OK in Scandinavia and the Benelux Countries. French often worked in Spain, Portugal, and Italy. German in Poland and Yugoslavia. It was often just Please, Thank you, and gimme a beer or where's the mens?:)

Archived