Britain was "junior partner" to US in fighting the Nazis

FYI Harley. You don't have to request Dual Citizenship, that's automatic. You have to request relinquishment of your UK citizenship.

Wouldnt bother doing that. No point in it. This is my home where I live and where I'll die and that's all there is to it

Is that something to be proud of? I hold a far better certificate.

A British Birth Certificate, and a British Passport, and a British Seamans Card, and Discharge Book.

These are things that you can only drool over, for they can never be yours.

The entire world longs to to be British, I know for I sailed the world over.

To be British is the worlds desire, and we are who are born to it, sometimes, foolishly scorn it.

I respect your devotion to your country, Artisan. But I can assure you, I don't drool over those things. I am American and proud of it and that is what I always will be. I will one day have dual citizenship, USA and UK, but only because the man I am marrying is a Welshman living in England. I would love to live in England and be among his family but that is the only reason. It certainly isn't because I want to be British.

I respect your devotion to your country, Artisan. But I can assure you, I don't drool over those things. I am American and proud of it and that is what I always will be. I will one day have dual citizenship, USA and UK, but only because the man I am marrying is a Welshman living in England. I would love to live in England and be among his family but that is the only reason. It certainly isn't because I want to be British.

Well better you're marrying a Welshman living in England than an Englishman living in Wales. They dont like the English at all. Even more nationalist than the Scots

Being American though you would have no problem

Dont forget to bring wellies and a good supply of warm clothing and a brolly.

Remember to look right when crossing the street and if you are introduced to someone and the person says you "How do you do?" Never ever answer 'very well thanks"

Lastly if you plan to make your home anywhere north of Southall and get to speak about politics never ever tell them you're a Republican

Whatever you do, dont be fooled into learning 'welsh'.

It is the only languague that has no written basis.

For a start it has no vowels.

Look at the way Chris Evans mangles our language every morning. ;)

No wonder the Romans chased them out of Britain. :hihi:

So to drag the thread kicking and screaming back on-topic, do we think Cameron is an imbecile or not?
No, we don't. Along with Clegg, I think he's a pragmatic politician who's prepared to compromise, cajole, schmooze and do whatever he thinks is necessary to get this country back on track after the most recent Labour debacle.

If that involves creeping to the Yanks and the Indians, so be it. We need to get over this bad period and move on to better times. Apart from the odd wind-up like this thread turned into, we should stop living in the past, imo.

No, we don't. Along with Clegg, I think he's a pragmatic politician who's prepared to compromise, cajole, schmooze and do whatever he thinks is necessary to get this country back on track after the most recent Labour debacle.

If that involves creeping to the Yanks and the Indians, so be it. We need to get over this bad period and move on to better times. Apart from the odd wind-up like this thread turned into, we should stop living in the past, imo.

Better times for who though?

If its good times for the capitalist, that is bad times for the workers.

We need to obtain what is best for us, now, not jam tomorrow.

Never mind the long term, that does not concern us.

We will all be dead and gone long before these grandiose idealistic plans of the politicians ever bear fruit.

Better times for who though?

If its good times for the capitalist, that is bad times for the workers.

We need to obtain what is best for us, now, not jam tomorrow.

Never mind the long term, that does not concern us.

We will all be dead and gone long before these grandiose idealistic plans of the politicians ever bear fruit.

But our Kids won't be Artisan !

Archived