Britain was "junior partner" to US in fighting the Nazis

Whose fault is it if the British film industry didnt churn out a bunch of war films glorifying their own part in the conflict whether it be fact or fiction?
Yeah, he's right. It was all their fault!

oh, erm -wait up though ... we wouldn't have had to rewrite history to make them? :hihi:

Yeah, he's right. It was all their fault!

oh, erm -wait up though ... we wouldn't have had to rewrite history to make them? :hihi:

Audie Murphy's film "To hell and back" was strictly fact. He was the most decorated soldier in the US army from WW2.

As for Wayne, well he never served in WW2 or any branch of the military.

Anyone who thinks his movies were made with the object of rewiting history has to be an idiot. They were made to entertain and nothing more just as the crap Hollywood currently turns out today is made to entertain young kids and immature adults

Trust a Tory to do us out of one of the only things this once Great country had left, our history.

I for one would be thankful for the US getting involved but giving them the glory is a joke. This is a bigger slap in the face than that Enigma film :(

Trust a Tory to do us out of one of the only things this once Great country had left, our history.

I for one would be thankful for the US getting involved but giving them the glory is a joke. This is a bigger slap in the face than that Enigma film :(

Too much being made of a simple slip of the tongue. I'm sure Obama doesn't even remember it. There's too much going on in the here and now to be getting everyones knickers in a twist over events 70 years ago.

It is comical though that an old Etonian would make such a blooper

Audie Murphy's film "To hell and back" was strictly fact. He was the most decorated soldier in the US army from WW2.

As for Wayne, well he never served in WW2 or any branch of the military.

Anyone who thinks his movies were made with the object of rewiting history has to be an idiot. They were made to entertain and nothing more just as the crap Hollywood currently turns out today is made to entertain young kids and immature adults

Big bow leggy John Wayne, Hayzi Fantayzeey did a song about him. I know Tom Hanks won the war practically on his own, but Audie Murphy? Was he the one that stole the Enigma machine? :huh:

I would say speaking from an old fashioned point of view that the ability to spell reasonably well indicates your level of education and intelligence. That doesn't say much for you.

Anyway get lost. I've no intention of getting into a slagging contest with someone like you. Your kind are a dime a dozen on this forum

Im sure thats been proven time and time again to be balloni.

Some dyslexics are very clever buisness men/women.

Not taking sides... ;)

He was talking a bit of rubbish but i think it was a ploy for trying to extricate british troops rather than a real belief in what he was saying.

If Cameron is hoping to get British troops out of Afganistan it leaves other factors to be discussed. What happens to the rest of the troops from the NATO countries involved? Should they pack it in and leave also? Does all of them leaving mean that the US is left to carry on alone? It's happened in Iraq already.

I hope Obama had the balls to tell Cameron "okay pull out and we'll all do the same but dont bother calling us next time some emergency crops up. You Europeans have the manpower and means to deal with it yourselves and at the same time lets wind up NATO"

I watched an interesting film the other week about us doing the dirty on the french navy in harbour, it was after France had fell and Hitler wanted to recall the French fleet. The French bloke in charge of their navy promised Churchill that all the french ships would be scuttled before he let them get in the hands of the Nazis.

Anyhow aparrently this shelling of the French ships in port was key to showing the US that we had the balls for the war and would do whatever was nessersary to win.

It was apparently one of the darkest days for us in the war because we killed allies and worse still the french really did scupper their ships to give us to keep dominance of the sea's.

I love stuff like this on tv, I once watched a film called 'little dieter needs to fly' which was a fascinating film for anyone who hassnt watched it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145046/synopsis

Archived