No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

Irrelevant.... whether he was asked to get out of the way once or a hundred times it doesn't justify beating someone to the ground who is walking away from you... that is common assault.

Irrelevant ?

So how many times does someone have to be asked by an officer to get out of the way, when does it constitute obstructing an officer in the line of duty?

The HMIC Report - Adapting to Protest was published on 7 July 2009. Conducted at the request of the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service, this review looked at the policing methods used on 1 April 2009 during the G20 summits

My bold also

This is after the event.

Irrelevant ?

So how many times does someone have to be asked by an officer to get out of the way, when does it constitute obstructing an officer in the line of duty?

Depends on the circumstances. When they aren't in the way and are walking away then they aren't obstructing anyone.

And if the police officer wasn't wearing identification then how is anyone to know he really is a police officer?

Without ID he is just a thug in a costume and deserves no more respect than anyone else.

Yes, well done. How many times are you gonna move your goalposts?

:huh:

Depends on the circumstances. When they aren't in the way and are walking away then they aren't obstructing anyone.

And if the police officer wasn't wearing identification then how is anyone to know he really is a police officer?

Without ID he is just a thug in a costume and deserves no more respect than anyone else.

At the start of the video he was stood still !

How many times had he been asked to move on prior to the filming ?

I think your clutching at straws now WC, trying to suggest he might not have been a police officer :lol:

It doesn't matter if he was or wasn't obstructing an officer. Normally the police deal with situations like that by either moving the person along or arresting them. To say that shoving him to the floor was a proportional response is an insult to all professional hard working officers out there.

So can you give a link to where it states that police officers on protest/riot duty have to have their id on show?

Question about the present. Note the verb tense you used.

And the answer to my question is....

The question about how many time he was asked to move? I've no idea, I wasn't there and I can't hear sound on this PC, and as you rightly stated, the video clip does not show the full incident from the start.

The HMIC Report - Adapting to Protest was published on 7 July 2009. Conducted at the request of the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service, this review looked at the policing methods used on 1 April 2009 during the G20 summits

My bold also

This is after the event.

Which would be now. Hence the answer to your question

:huh:

At the start of the video he was stood still !

How many times had he been asked to move on prior to the filming ?

I think your clutching at straws now WC, trying to suggest he might not have been a police officer :lol:

You did state that it showed an innocent man being attacked

I did. However that doesn't mean I claimed the video proved his innocence. I merely stated he was innocent.

How do you know he was innocent ?

Under our system of law you're innocent until guilt is proven.

Since there's zero evidence whatsoever to prove his guilt, or even any suggestion by all concerned that he was anything other than an innocent person in the wrong place at the wrong time, he's innocent.

Irrelevant.... whether he was asked to get out of the way once or a hundred times it doesn't justify beating someone to the ground who is walking away from you... that is common assault.

Please stop twisting the evidence. A policeman giving a gentle shove to a drunken man making a public nuisance of himself is not an assault.

Archived