No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

There are several reports of him being assaulted by the police earlier.

There are also reports that say the police did not assault him earlier

But what it does show is that he WAS NOT just there as an innocent bystander

We shall see.

You already have done.

We shall see.

A successful prosecution of a police officer for the death of someone on a protest (or, for that matter, in police custody) would be unique indeed.

Not impossible, but unlikely - on this or any other case.

Sorry Alien

I thought the thread title was No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson

Oh, wait a minute it is

As the incidents off video were at the same summit on the same day in the same place, then I think it is all relevant

He was given enough warnings to go away and leave the site but no, he would not.

Of course it's relevant but you or I can't comment on it because you and I weren't there. But we do have vid evidence of the time he received the fatal blow. Warnings, orders etc are just a smokescreen to get around the reality. An arrest would have been sufficient..and a life still in existence.

I have to agree with trautman..I think you're watching another video because the one I watched was of a man... belligerent or not being attacked by a riot officer. Is there an offence that heads under "belligerent"?

Hold on....one of my girls is being belligerent. I'm just off to set Bug the cat on her and give her a damn good hiding with a broom stick.

There are also reports that say the police did not assault him earlier

But what it does show is that he WAS NOT just there as an innocent bystander

You already have done.

I'll leave you to it.

You are obviously convinced that the footage showing a man walking with his hands in his pockets is evidence that the police were justified in forcibly knocking him to the floor, and that such action by those paid to protect and serve him does not warrant further investigation, although you have repeatedly failed to explain why any of the many things you imagine Mr Tomlinson may have been doing would justify such treatment when he was posing no threat, nor have you explained why, if he was such a threat, he was not arrested, or why the police initially refused him medical aid.

I do not agree.

We'll see what happens. Your 'I have spoken' act suggesting that this is all done and dusted is a little irritating, as I am sure you intended. I thought you'd be pleased to know that.

Good evening.

Archived