No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

I think it is quite clear that his opinion is the police can do no wrong. In fact, if the force had a collective posterior, it would no doubt be from there that the sun shone.

It probably has more to do with disgust at his own class...I think he wants to be a Tory nob! :D

It probably has more to do with disgust at his own class...I think he wants to be a Tory nob! :D

My class?

What would that be then Alien, seeing that you obviously know all about me.

What has anyones class got to do with the title of this thread?

I'm a big supporter of the police jongo, and the work that they do, but that support isn't unconditional. There are clearly issues in the way this investigation has been handled and the performance of the officer that day.

I think we can rest assured that if a member of the public had shoved a police officer in the back and that officer had subsequently died, that person would certainly face a criminal trial and a jury would decide.

BF from what I now see on this thread, especially on the last page, it is now more of a police Bitchfest, and some of the posters on here don't give two figs about Ian Tomlinson, they just want to have a go at the police full stop.

Or right wing keyboard fascists prepared to protect the police at any cost...always the flipside to the coin.

As for closing the thread...what's up? you on the run?

Ha Ha

From what ?

You discount the view of a LibDem MP rather easily as an 'anarchist'.....what do you think that says about your opinion?

Is a LibDem MP a superior person that I should believe at all costs ?

This means nothing to me.

"When I was in the middle of the crowd, two people came over to me and said, 'There are people over there who we believe are policemen and who have been encouraging the crowd to throw things at the police,'"

BF from what I now see on this thread, especially on the last page, it is now more of a police Bitchfest, and some of the posters on here don't give two figs about Ian Tomlinson, they just want to have a go at the police full stop.

That's rich considering your approach has been to slander Ian Tomlinson in order to exonerate the thug who attacked him. You said Mr Tomlinson has nine children and is a homeless alcoholic in an apparent attempt to paint him as a trouble maker. Presumably to make that statement, you must have read about his background, in which case what you wrote was deliberately misleading because.

A: He had four children.

B: Although he had a long term struggle with alcohol, it was made clear that he had no history of violence or criminality.

C: It is accepted by all parties, including the police that he was attempting to get from his place of work to the homeless hostel where he lived at the time he was attacked, and was not involved in any violence.

What was your point in raising the issue of his social background anyway? That it is OK to beat and kill people if you don't approve of their lifestyle?

That's rich considering your approach has been to slander Ian Tomlinson in order to exonerate the thug who attacked him. You said Mr Tomlinson has nine children and is a homeless alcoholic. Presumably to make that statement,you must have read about his background, in which case what you wrote was deliberately misleading because.

A: He has four children.

B: Although he had a long term struggle with alcohol, it was made clear that he had no history of violence or criminality.

C: It is accepted by all parties, including the police that he was attempting to get from his place of work to the hom,eless hostel where he lived at the time he was attacked.

What was your point in raising the issue of his social background anyway? That it is OK to beat and kill people if you don't approve of their lifestyle?

And you can show where I actually said this ?

Before you go slandering other people Donkey, you should learn how to read

And you can show where I actually said this ?

Before you go slandering other people Donkey, you should learn how to read

Sorry, my mistake, the statement was actually made by another poster with whom you were merely agreeing with.

Sadly there’s been a lot of misinformation spread about this case by the usual lefties, and their bible The Guardian, a paper with a pathological hatred of the police. Ian Tomlinson has been portrayed as some kind of saint when in reality he was a homeless alcoholic who fathered 9 children and could have chosen to avoid the rioting protestors on his way home, but deliberately chose to walk right into it and refused to comply with police police requests to move on.

Also he did not die as a result of being pushed, he died as a result of a heart attack. As he was a heavy smoker and alcoholic, it’s likely his lifestyle that killed him.

The most shocking aspect is that this poor police officer has been put through hell for the last 18 months, not knowing if he was going to be prosecuted for simply doing his job, protecting the rest of us from these violent protestors. It’s him we should have sympathy for, not Tomlinson.

Thats exactly what he was doing!

Sorry, my mistake, the statement was actually made by another poster with whom you were merely agreeing with.

You seem prone to making mistakes, that is not what I was agreeing with at all, I embolded and enlarged the text on the part I was agreeing with

Thus

Originally Posted by Worjackie

Sadly there’s been a lot of misinformation spread about this case by the usual lefties, and their bible The Guardian, a paper with a pathological hatred of the police. Ian Tomlinson has been portrayed as some kind of saint when in reality he was a homeless alcoholic who fathered 9 children and could have chosen to avoid the rioting protestors on his way home, but deliberately chose to walk right into it and refused to comply with police police requests to move on.

Also he did not die as a result of being pushed, he died as a result of a heart attack. As he was a heavy smoker and alcoholic, it’s likely his lifestyle that killed him.

The most shocking aspect is that this poor police officer has been put through hell for the last 18 months, not knowing if he was going to be prosecuted for simply doing his job, protecting the rest of us from these violent protestors. It’s him we should have sympathy for, not Tomlinson.

Originally posted by Jongo

Thats exactly what he was doing!

Now if you want to carry on quoting people I suggest you do it properly.

You are making yourself look very silly indeed.

To be honest I've not read the whole thread jongo, and wouldn't agree with the gratuitous slagging off of police officers, my experiences with them have always been positive, although ironically the one unhappy encounter I've had was with a couple of PCs from the City of London, about 25 years ago.

I genuinely believe there is a case that needs to be answered here, police officers should demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour, above that expected of Joe Public.

Bear in mind that this was in a public place with photographers and unconnected members of the public watching, it makes one wonder what some of them are capable of behind closed doors when they're not subject to scrutiny-it doesn't breed confidence.

Archived