No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

I am aware of that fact, and the majority are not shown on national TV, ACTUALLY assaulting someone.

Several hundred every year are shown on Crimestoppers committing crimes on national tv.

Treatment needs to be equal,regards of personal opinion. Although the ones usually shown on tv hide behind the "non grass" culture.

PC Harwood found not guilty today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18900484

Clearly the right decision, as anyone who's seen the footage knows, PC Harwood used reasonable force in protecting the public from a potentially violent man. It's a disgrace he was charged in the first place.

definatley the right decision! the man was hindering and obstructing the police in their duty, he was being moved on.

Then you would be in error of causation I'm afraid. If I punched someone in the nose, and he then walked away, over a pelican crossing and was hit by a car jumping the red light I wouldn't be liable for his manslaughter. That's analogous to what happened here - the proscution cannot establish that the assualt on Tomlinson by Harwood caused his death.

It's certain that some trauma from assualt caused Tomlinson to die, and that such action was unlawful but it's far from clear if that trauma was caused by Harwood.

As regards murder, you have to prove both acutus reus and mens rea for murder or grevious harm, and there certainly wasn't that from Harwood, so sticking murder on him would be even less likley to fly than manslaughter.

Unlawful killing

Killing unlawfully

killing someone unlawfully

Several hundred every year are shown on Crimestoppers committing crimes on national tv.

Treatment needs to be equal,regards of personal opinion. Although the ones usually shown on tv hide behind the "non grass" culture.

Don't watch crime-watch or crime stoppers, but would imagine far more watch the news, just out of interest so not a pop at you, but can't see point in starting another reply.

I just watched the video to refresh my memory, as someone said he was obstructing the police. In the video just before he is pushed there are about 12 officers behind him, some with dogs.

One officer makes a move as to make him hurry up then, he is violently shoved from behind by the accused. Not gently but violently, now if I had done that to you, I think I could rest assured in being prosecuted to the full extent of the law and probably got bird.

People also forget that he has 10 other complaints made against him, so he's hardly PC Plod from Toytown is he, oh & I can say that as he's a real bobby who knows Noddy. As I said not a dig.

Don't watch crime-watch or crime stoppers, but would imagine far more watch the news, just out of interest so not a pop at you, but can't see point in starting another reply.

I just watched the video to refresh my memory, as someone said he was obstructing the police. In the video just before he is pushed there are about 12 officers behind him, some with dogs.

One officer makes a move as to make him hurry up then, he is violently shoved from behind by the accused. Not gently but violently, now if I had done that to you, I think I could rest assured in being prosecuted to the full extent of the law and probably got bird.

People also forget that he has 10 other complaints made against him, so he's hardly PC Plod from Toytown is he, oh & I can say that as he's a real bobby who knows Noddy. As I said not a dig.

I agree with your view of the video, i don't support what has happened at all. But the justice system works the way for everyone, the only issue i have is why they failed to act within the statutory limit for the actual offence committed OR were they badgered to take a pop for a more serious approach based on media and public opinion.

As for the rest of his pffences he's as bad as the people he locks up but he's entitled to protection behind the same laws,that,s just my opinion and not an argument

I agree with your view of the video, i don't support what has happened at all. But the justice system works the way for everyone, the only issue i have is why they failed to act within the statutory limit for the actual offence committed OR were they badgered to take a pop for a more serious approach based on media and public opinion.

As for the rest of his pffences he's as bad as the people he locks up but he's entitled to protection behind the same laws,that,s just my opinion and not an argument

Maybe that was done on purpose knowing that the burden of proof would be so much higher, knowing they were unlikely to be able to prove those charges beyond doubt, in order that he'd be found not guilty. Just a thought. :)

Archived