No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

definatley the right decision! the man was hindering and obstructing the police in their duty, he was being moved on.

Bull. The guys was moving away from police not towards him. Look at the immediate reaction of all of the offices immediately after Harwood assaults Ian Tomlinson. To me they look as shocked as everyone else.

Harwood is a disgrace to the uniform, even the police have said as much. Its just a pity that they didn't take more decisive action before this and kick this yob out of the force.

This is terrible. I feel that police wearing a balaclava and hiding their badge number should be reason enough for them not to work on the front line.

As the PC in question has not been accused of this your point is irrelevant.

Regardless of the death of Mr.Tomlinson, the video clearly shows the officer abusing an innocent member of the public and as such I don't feel he is fit to be a police officer.

I'm not at all surprised though, the police have tried to cover it up right from the very start, denying everything left, right and centre... until the video appeared. How inconvenient, but not it would seem unsurmountable.

An innocent member of the public? Yes, Tomlinson was a normal person acting normally wasn't he? The hindsight of the outsider is wonderful, so wonderful it is pointless.

That's because you're not a copper in the middle of a riot removing a pest who keeps hovering near you for no reason.

If you think Tomlinson was being a pest then I'd love to see you deal with real provocation. The man was trying to get home - that's all he was doing.

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that if you or me had pushed the copper and he died we would already be inside doing 15 to life.

The bigger concern is that this show investigation can be done in the knowledge that the public now have so little power that they can be ignored.

That's because you'd be a thug attacking the state as opposed to the forces of the state fighting a massive mob as they were.

If you think Tomlinson was being a pest then I'd love to see you deal with real provocation. The man was trying to get home - that's all he was doing.

No. He was hovering repeatedly and walking slowly in front of police in the middle of a riot. That can be seen clearly from the evidence. You don't know what was in his mind since you have never spoken to him.

Archived