No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

*sigh* As I dont wish to annoy the mods unduly, may I refer you to the answer given in Arkell vs Pressdram.

No go on - report me, I know you are dying to.. :loopy:

Report you? I've never reported anyone on here. Just because we disagree doesn't make me some hate filled nutter with a desire to remove you. I simply don't see Tomlinson as some nice innocent bloke just trying to get home and avoid the police. His wonderful family who let him sleep rough etc look like a bunch of wasters it has to be said which further diminishes my confidence in his side of the story.

From what I saw on tv most police were huddled together watching the rioters loot stores etc. I doubt he'd have stepped out of line then.

From my memory there was no store looting in this riot in the store free city. You may be thinking of last year.

From my memory there was no store looting in this riot in the store free city. You may be thinking of last year.

Yes. I was relating to last years riots and if he'd have done the same thing to anybody who came across his path then. Unfortunately he took out some innocent member of the public who posed no threat to any business or anybody as opposed to last years riots. The guy wasn't carrying a brick, blade, or petrol bomb etc, visually you can see the guy posed no harm.

Yes. I was relating to last years riots and if he'd have done the same thing to anybody who came across his path then. Unfortunately he took out some innocent member of the public who posed no threat to any business or anybody as opposed to last years riots. The guy wasn't carrying a brick, blade, or petrol bomb etc, visually you can see the guy posed no harm.

It's about context. A riot has been raging for hours. You are a member of the heavy mob sent to clear them. Anyone with a brain has left the scene so only hardcore rioters are left. Their aim is to smash capitalism by smashing your head in. From the side some large bloke looms close do you:

a) ask him nicely what he wants?

b) crack him

We all know what we would do. It is that simple. I don't hold with these hand wringing wet views that in the middle of a street battle the PC in question should hold back from being violent against what he perceives to be violent people. Is he supposed to be a mind reader?

It's about context. A riot has been raging for hours. You are a member of the heavy mob sent to clear them. Anyone with a brain has left the scene so only hardcore rioters are left. Their aim is to smash capitalism by smashing your head in. From the side some large bloke looms close do you:

a) ask him nicely what he wants?

b) crack him

We all know what we would do. It is that simple. I don't hold with these hand wringing wet views that in the middle of a street battle the PC in question should hold back from being violent against what he perceives to be violent people. Is he supposed to be a mind reader?

Well his other colleagues didn't join him in the bashing, they stood back from the footage I've seen. PC Harwood clearly has anger management issues as his past record shows. I believe that he is still to be investigated due to his inappropriate actions and crying in court probably shows a sign of remorse on his part.

Well his other colleagues didn't join him in the bashing, they stood back from the footage I've seen. PC Harwood clearly has anger management issues as his past record shows. I believe that he is still to be investigated due to his inappropriate actions and crying in court probably shows a sign of remorse on his part.

Or relief that he got away with it.

No, they all had a discussion on who to volunteer while being in fear for their lives from a chap walking away with his hands in his pockets, although we didn't see this informal meeting before the assault, I can assure you it happened. The police go by the book on every occasion, how could anyone even dare to question this?:hihi:

A thug with a history of violence protected by the establishment that supposedly is there to protect the innocent.

No, they all had a discussion on who to volunteer while being in fear for their lives from a chap walking away with his hands in his pockets, although we didn't see this informal meeting before the assault, I can assure you it happened. The police go by the book on every occasion, how could anyone even dare to question this?:hihi:

A thug with a history of violence protected by the establishment that supposedly is there to protect the innocent.

Protected by a jury that took four days who were no doubt leaned on by shady establishment figures, MI5, The Illuminati, lizard men...

Protected by a jury that took four days who were no doubt leaned on by shady establishment figures, MI5, The Illuminati, lizard men...

A jury not given all the facts about the 'mental condition' of the officer. Very handy. You don't have to lean on a jury, any relevant information withheld may have the desired effect.

Archived