No charges in G20 death of Ian Tomlinson - Pc Harwood found not guilty.

Why did he deserve to be pushed out of the way?

Well said, I really do despair, the way this country is going what next, a copper hits someone in the face, and the victim gets done for headbutting their fist.

There was more than reasonable force used to push him, doesn't matter what he was like, where he lived or what, he's dead for god sake & someone had a DIRECT cause in it.

You know why, he was dawdling like a fool right in front of a crowd of police. The majority o of the population would have stayed away but not him.

The Police are so important that dawdling before them gets you a clout?

The Police (in theory) are paid to enforce the law and keep the Queen's Peace, they are not paid to invent laws and regulations.

They certainly aren't paid to dish out summary corporal punishment to those that offend their sense of self importance.

The Police are merely public servants they aren't demi-gods.

Taped/Videoed interviews/ESDA tests etc were not implemented as methods of securing evidence against those in police custody they were, lest you forget, implemented in order to protect those in custody from being 'verballed up' and in order to ensure that the police didn't beat prisoners and falsify their notes.

Scientifically speaking it makes no difference, however I object to the spin put on him and his family. They barely cared about him for years and probably smell compensation.

As for me I have every right to judge since I'm a contributing taxpayer and without wanting to be awfully judgemental I expect the Tomlinson family have received a fair amount of taxpayers cash.

Well you're in very good company Mr Prime because the famous and much revered commentator Amanda Platell pretty much said the same. As reported in today's Guardian:

One of the most hurtful and unjustifiable characterisations of the family came from the columnist Amanda Platell, who just 10 days after his death said Tomlinson's alcoholism and homelessness "must lead one to question the depth of [the family's] grief". Instead, she suggested the family were seeking "15 minutes of fame" and "a small fortune in compensation".

Three years later, the family have received no financial compensation. They have also remained dignified and resolute in their refusal of dozens of financial offers to sell their story to the media.

His errors do not mean his entire career was a failure, a view rational people would agree with.

You are either intimately acquainted with his entire career or condemn yourself as irrational.

He had no lawful reason to assault the man that later died (whether or not his actions caused the death), he was charged with maintaining law and order instead he offended against the law. I submit his career was a failure.

Archived