What does homophobia really tell you about people?

no, we hae to assume that kids have easy access to the forum, so we have to be careful about vulgarity. it's not age- restricted

If you could hear some of the conversations I hear the school kids having on the tram on their way to school you'd see how daft that sounds.

If you could hear some of the conversations I hear the school kids having on the tram on their way to school you'd see how daft that sounds.

Nearly as daft as the forum owners getting prosecuted for it, perhaps? We can have converstaions, we just have to kep them clean.

Nearly as daft as the forum owners getting prosecuted for it, perhaps? We can have converstaions, we just have to kep them clean.

I was just intrigued by what you were going to say earlier but didn't in the interests of keeping it "family friendly".

I think it says something (not sure what though) if the idea of having sexual contact with the opposite sex 'deeply sickens' you. Some blokes freak out if they even have to be in the room with another man who is naked, thats a bit irrational in my opinion.

I was looking at some twitter and facebook comments recently and it seems that in the USA, calling someone a 'faggot' is widespread and seems to be considered as a weighty insult by those who use it. Is there a much bigger problem over there?

I don't know about the most hateful people being secretly gay but I think religion has a lot to do with having produced a meme that serves no real purpose other than to feel superior to gays. I feel many people have a need to feel superior and they can't go banging on about women or blacks without being discredited and gays are a target for them.

I think it says something (not sure what though) if the idea of having sexual contact with the opposite sex 'deeply sickens' you. Some blokes freak out if they even have to be in the room with another man who is naked, thats a bit irrational in my opinion.

I'm not as bad as that; I can change in an open plan changing-room for the swimming pool. I just don't look.

I don't have any problem with the concept of men having sex with men. That doesn't sicken me. It is only if I were to try and imagine what it would feel like for myself to be involved that I'd feel nauseous. Well, I get a sick feeling at the thought of bungee-jumping as well, but that's easily dealt with by simply not going bungee-jumping. I don't have any urge to outlaw bungee-jumps and speak in derogative terms of those who go on them.

Whatever makes people happy, as long as they don't feel the need to tell me all the lurid details of their sex lives. I don't need or want to know about peoples' private lives, whether the people in question are gay, straight or whatever.

I think homophobia stems from a lack of understanding. Gay men and women are the same as everyone else, they just happen to be attracted to people of the same gender.

I'm not as bad as that; I can change in an open plan changing-room for the swimming pool. I just don't look.

I don't have any problem with the concept of men having sex with men. That doesn't sicken me. It is only if I were to try and imagine what it would feel like for myself to be involved that I'd feel nauseous. Well, I get a sick feeling at the thought of bungee-jumping as well, but that's easily dealt with by simply not going bungee-jumping. I don't have any urge to outlaw bungee-jumps and speak in derogative terms of those who go on them.

Genuinely sorry HN I didn't actually mean you, I may have accidentally quoted your words though.

Archived