What's going on on Abbeydale/Glover Road?

I don't know what is happening, but I have just passed, there was a guy with a camera going in, lots of police and a herse parked up, I am afraid it looks like someone has died in the garage. it is the second hand Volvo garage, Gelders, which is taped off, the side gates are shut and the police seem to be going into the main building.

What on earth does that have to do with anything?

he was tryin to be funny by making a light hearted joke regarding how much police like doughunts and that if it were a new doughnut shop then that would explain the high police precence thats all. :hihi:

he was tryin to be funny by making a light hearted joke regarding how much police like doughunts and that if it were a new doughnut shop then that would explain the high police precence thats all. :hihi:

Very succinctly put, as usual dear girl. :)

bad people doing bad things in a bad area. same as usual.

Could you explain what you think makes this a "bad area"..? Or do you mean that particular spot? I live round the corner from the Rude Shipyard and I know they've had some trouble with local youths but I've been here for 8 years or so and I've never really encountered any real trouble. Admitted, it's not the most salubrious neighbourhood in Shef - and it's a bit tatty in parts - but I don't think it's a bad one either. Oh, and I'm not jumping on you, I genuinely want to know why you think that. Thanks.

Anyone know what happened at Gelders? I drove past there yesterday morning and saw the police van and the police tape across the forecourt. I hope nothing's happened to any of the staff as I have had nothing but positive experiences when taking my car there - they're all really sound.

Archived