Taking an item to Cex to sell

I went into Cex the other day, I was going to sell an item that is more or less brand new and i was going to do a part exchange, I looked at the prices online and it said £198.00 for a grade A and £168.00 for a Grade B.

It clearly states on their website:-

Grade A Mint - Working phone in as new/mint condition. Complete with original box and accessories as sold new.

Grade B Good - Working phone in good condition with slight cosmetic blemishes. Charger supplied. If the phone includes a music player/radio then it is supplied with headphones. If the phone has PDA functionality a sync cable and/or docking cradle is supplied. Missing original packaging.

Now the item i took in is in as new condition and has the original packaging and it was graded as a Grade B which states is an item in good condition with slight cosmetic blemishes, charger supplies and missing original packaging.

Therefore why was my item graded as a Grade B and graded as being in good condition?

I refused to sell the item because of this, I want to take it back in but no doubt the same thing will happen again, I presume it is deliberate so they can make more money on the item?

It doesn't seem fair but I suppose they have no obligation to take it at all and can offer any price they like. Most second hand items fetch a lot more on ebay. It is a bit more hassle though. I often end up hanging on to stuff because I don't have time to put it on ebay and don't want to get less from a shop. Which probably defeats the purpose some what! :-)

Archived