Does fate exist?

Yes, in my opinion. It is what I live my life by, fate & destiny. Everything happens for a reason. People have to remember that bad things are meant to happen to us too in order to continue to educate the soul and learn from our experiences.

I am a spiritual medium and believer in GOD although I don't follow any man made religion or doctrines. I have found that by giving my life over to fate and letting whatever will be, be... that I no longer live in fear of ANYTHING, i don't fear ANYTHING AT ALL, not even death.

I don't believe in any religous deity, happilly walk under ladders etc, think astrology is etc is a load of tosh, but yes i do believe in fate for some inexplicable reason.

An experience i had recently made my belief even stronger, though that story is for another time and place.

Like rfs-001 I too believe in fate and believe that everything happens for a reason - even the awful things in life. I can't always fathom out what the reason for some things is but definitely it does happen so that we can learn by it and maybe do things differently another time.

I don't believe in fate either. I believe that we have a degree of self determination, however sometimes external factors are beyond our control. For example, I am fascinated by the whole 'sliding doors' concept of how our lives could take a very different course of action if we happen to find ourselves in a different place at a given time.

Life is a lottery in many respects and there are many coincidences that have all experienced which are nothing other than happenstance. I do however think that there is a lot of truth behind the six degrees of separation (human web) theory, certainly in my experience.

Archived