Does fate exist?

This is a very interesting subject and I think about fate a lot......

30 years ago I was asked to change location from my job, I was reluctant to go but in the end said ok....

it was shortly after that I met my husband to be, we were married a long time :roll: and had two gorgeous kids, was this fate .....I dont know

if I had not changed jobs I would have met someone else no doubt and had kids and would be asking myself the same question now :huh:

some say that everything happens for a reason............I would just like to know what is the reason :confused:

how do you think that some are lucky in life and some are not, what about lottery winners, are they making their own luck or is luck making them.

All the examples you cited here are those of pure luck and coincidence.

Fate or higher powers have nothing to do with it.

Luck is pure random coincidence - which is why you have winning and losing streaks when gambling.

There's no magic fairy sitting over your shoulder blessing your dice.

Sorry, you simply cannot know all that unless you're omniscient, which you are not.

Just read it back to yourself. Look at what you are claiming to KNOW. Have some humility, you're only a human with a human mind.

omniscient..really pffft.. that is a little far fetched now. Just because I choose to learn about religion, cultures, life, the afterlife, spiritualism does not mean that I proclaim to be "The Great I Am". I choose not to squander my time on coronation street, eastenders, emmerdale and the rest of the brain dead crap that the majority poison their intellect with. If you don't recognise a philosopher and a student of life itself then you aren't seeing the bigger picture yourself. We are all different are at different levels of awareness. People with knowledge are historically mocked, its not new to me, I don't mind if truth be known, as long as I am safe in my own truth and meaning, then I forgive & understand.

The problem with modern man is that WE HAVE TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO FRICKIN EVERYTHING, we are not happy to let the wonders and mysteries of life unfold and accept them for what they are, stop being so analytical and critical of absolutely everything in life, lose the FEAR and focus on LOVE and start to live a more enriched life.

omniscient..really pffft.. that is a little far fetched now. Just because I choose to learn about religion, cultures, life, the afterlife, spiritualism does not mean that I proclaim to be "The Great I Am". I choose not to squander my time on coronation street, eastenders, emmerdale and the rest of the brain dead crap that the majority poison their intellect with. If you don't recognise a philosopher and a student of life itself then you aren't seeing the bigger picture yourself. We are all different are at different levels of awareness. People with knowledge are historically mocked, its not new to me, I don't mind if truth be known, as long as I am safe in my own truth and meaning, then I forgive & understand.

You have no knowledge of fate, or truth, or life. You have beliefs, beliefs for which you have 0 evidence.

You are also sickeningly arrogant, which is actually rather funny considering that you're flat out wrong about life.

I'm not mocking you because you have knowledge, I'm mocking you because you think you do when you don't.

to an extent I believe in fate, I have to, many years ago I lost my two small sons and my first husband in a road accident, due to a drunken driver. They had only gone out to feed the ducks whilst I did the cleaning up one Sunday morning. I never saw them alive again.

One of the things that helped me coupe with life is the fact that I put it down to fate, and what will be will be.

The problem with modern man is that WE HAVE TO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO FRICKIN EVERYTHING, we are not happy to let the wonders and mysteries of life unfold and accept them for what they are, stop being so analytical and critical of absolutely everything in life, lose the FEAR and focus on LOVE and start to live a more enriched life.

wow! you're the wierd guy from Donny Darko aren't you?

:hihi::hihi: nice :thumbsup:

Also, you've got it all wrong, we don't have to know everything, we can accept that there are somethings we do not understand.

The difference between people like me and people like you is that when asked about these things I don't make up nonsense.

You claim to have knowledge of things which you clearly do not. You may have 'the answers' but only because they are made up and not true.

Archived