Fag end down a grate is littering?

I'm just desultorily watching Undercover Boss and a man's just been fined £60 fixed penalty for putting a tab end down the street drain. It's apparently considered to be littering. :o

I'd think, in the absence of a litter bin, it's better down the drain than on the pavement?

What do others think?

its still in the street?

its not his drain?

So if you put a cig end down the street drain, you think it's littering and worthy of a £60 fine? I'd call that just being tidy. :D I wonder if there's a reason for it, like polluting the water supply or something. The drains are full of rubbish anyway ...

They should bring back smoking in the pubs and clubs and ban it in the street. That'd put an end to the problem.

So if you put a cig end down the street drain, you think it's littering and worthy of a £60 fine? I'd call that just being tidy. :D I wonder if there's a reason for it, like polluting the water supply or something. The drains are full of rubbish anyway ...

They should bring back smoking in the pubs and clubs and ban it in the street. That'd put an end to the problem.

yeah but if everybody dropped em down the drains wouldnt they get bunged up and flood?

yeah but if everybody dropped em down the drains wouldnt they get bunged up and flood?

Oh Mel, the thought of it makes my stomach turn. I think there should be a fine but £60.00 is far to dear.

I'm glad I saw it though, because when I sweep the pavement outside the shop, I'm always tempted to chuck the fag ends down the grate! I'm so glad I've never done it, of course. :P *polishes halo*

Although I quite resent paying over £3k in business rates and still having to pay extra for a waste bin AND sweep the pavement myself!! :rant::)

its still in the street?

its not his drain?

Technically it is...

The councils dont lay them and maintain them for free, they do so courtesy of your (or his in this case) council tax.

As previously said, the council could of course provide more litter bins and come to think of it.... public toilets too.

But that would only put taxes up further. :D

I'm just desultorily watching Undercover Boss and a man's just been fined £60 fixed penalty for putting a tab end down the street drain. It's apparently considered to be littering. :o

I'd think, in the absence of a litter bin, it's better down the drain than on the pavement?

What do others think?

Totally pathetic heavy handed tactics used to fleece the public out of money .

* Right im off for a cig *

Archived