Fag end down a grate is littering?

theyd find the one with YOUR shade of lipstick swan

errrrrrrrrrrrm

Damn. Busted.

Serious question though, is it PCSO's, proper coppers, city centre ambassadors, environmental health or black ops council workers? I'll only give my name to two of that lot.

Who exactly enforces the fine?

I'd be tempted to say "You identify my fag end and I'll pay up".

Well, he saw him do it. DNA?? :D

What I'm asking, is do we really think it's littering? I'd have to say I don't agree that it is.

What about parents who let their little boys wee down the grate? Is that littering? Would a street warden who collected the photographic evidence be accused of being a nonce?

Well, he saw him do it. DNA?? :D

What I'm asking, is do we really think it's littering? I'd have to say I don't agree that it is.

What about parents who let their little boys wee down the grate? Is that littering? Would a street warden who collected the photographic evidence be accused of being a nonce?

True, but is it really in the public interest to expend Christ knows how much on DNA testing for a £60 fine?

The others? No idea.

What about parents who let their little boys wee down the grate? Is that littering?

Technically it's indecent exposure, but given how serious that is counted as an offence I don't think anyone would be in a hurry to charge parents with it.

An absence of public toilets is often the cause of a toddler needing to take a wee in the middle of the street. There is no cause for anyone to have to throw litter away, since every single person in the country is capable of taking their own litter home with them.

True, but is it really in the public interest to expend Christ knows how much on DNA testing for a £60 fine?

It wouldn't be necessary if eyewitness evidence is available.

Actually, it wouldn't be conclusive either; you can prove who smoked a given cigarette, but the smoker might not be the person who tossed it away.

So the concencus so far is that putting a fag end down a street drain counts as littering and deserves a £60 fine, exactly the same as throwing down a polystyrene box and the remains of a fish supper, or a burger?

Not in my world!! :)

its not the same size

but its still the same make up (paper, card etc)?

and it DOESNT belong there?

Archived