Fag end down a grate is littering?

You can afford it, all the extravagant people you have around there, spending money like water! ;) Are you getting the Small Business rebate?

Well, you come and trade on Woodseats and see how you like it :D

Yeah, those students sure are extravagant! It was good thirty years ago!

Are you Roz by the way? used to like a drink in the Hare? :)

Recycle your tab ends by posting them individually in jiffy bags and recorded delivery to me, here at area 51 and a half

My food technology department has found a way to turn them into a product very similar to sugar puffs. They're to be known as 'Puff puffs' This very evening a lucrative deal was stuck with Nabisco Holdings for me to become the sole supplier. :hihi:

Cig ends take years to degrade and could cause all sorts of problems if everyone did it but as we are new to all this enviromentaly friendly stuff then maybe education and not on the spot fines is in order or both, at least send them on a days caurse for the £60.

If fines are just for the sake of taking money then I oppose them fully. If they take money then it should go into reabilitating you for the offence at least.

Why do smokers seem to think that the waste from their product isn't littering?
Well, that wasn't really my original point, I agree that it's definitely litter. I don't smoke, but if I did, I'd honestly have thought that dropping a fag end down a grate woudn't be liable for a fine, especially not £60.

Maybe I'm just working on the out of sight, out of mind theory and that a grate is as good as a bin. My bad! :blush:

I used to date a Enviromental officer for the council. She said that if you put a tab end down the drain it is ok. It is not illegal. She did say that water board were not too happy about it but still legal. This was a few years back so it may have changed. Not sure.

Archived