Looking for cheaper flights to u.s. Or canada

Hi, have been looking at booking a holiday in the States or Canada during the kids holiday.

I have found the cost of flights prohibitive so far.

Anyone got any ideas of how to get a cheaper flight without cutting to many corners in quality of service????

All help appreciated...........

I have just received the new Canadian Affair brochure. Don't know how they do it for the price. I went in May this year to Toronto and all in (including £28 for reserved seats) cost me £260.20, cost a friend that just to go to Menorca, flight only. I have found CA very helpful,I have been with them several times, give them a call and they will send you you a brochure. 020 7616 9911

Don't go to a travell agent that's for sure, they charged us two and a half times what we got our tickets to Nashville for the following year.

We booked on Teletext for our second trip including a rental car that was waiting for us outside Nashville airport on our arrival.

When are you looking to travel? Where are you looking to go?

I would try to cross reference UK school holiday dates with US ones as during US school holidays. The big ones are:

Summer break - which for some schools start from the middle of May to the middle of August with the rest leaving at the end of June and returning in September.

Easter/Passover break

Winter/Spring Break - which happens in late February to early March

Thanksgiving - last or second to last Thursday in November (busiest US travel time of the year)

Christmas break

August in general is peak travel time around the world, so everything is super expensive and the current rates will go in line with that. Id try rechecking flights again after the first week in September as airlines will start Fall/Autumn sales around this time.

I miss the days of being able to fly from JFK to MAN for $225 with taxes.

Expedia, Kayak and even going direct to the airlines is loads cheaper than using the travel agents.

Archived