Jon Venables pleads guilty & gets 2 years

sorry but that, as others have said, is precisely why sentencing should not be in the hands of the bereaved, as, generally, they won't be in a fit state to exercise ration, they'll just want blood. vengeance not justice.
But Denise Fergus doesn't want blood, she wants answers.

Well you must be congratulated for your calm & forgiving nature Boyfriday. I don't think they deserve any humanity but that's just me.

It's nothing to do with being calm and forgiving, it's just that BF knows, as I and others do, that pitchfork-waving solves nothing, and has the reason and rationality to say so.

Their behaviour wasn't casual, it was deliberate and psychotic, it's more complicated than simply knowing right from wrong.

You make them sound like animals?

So with your knowledge...do you think a psychotic person can be cured? or is it how they are for life?

If anybody really feels that the unique behaviour of these children was just down to them, that their upbringing only played a minor part in developing how these children thought, and behaved, then, in theory....ANY of us, as children, could behave like this......and in turn....ANY of our children could commit such a crime......so, in theory, you are advocating the possible torture of your OWN child.

Just like those boys could not empathise with their victim, we, too, can not empathise with these boys, as, thank God, we have never been in their shoes.

I have not suggested for one moment that I excuse their behaviour. I have stated that there was a reason for it.

I do believe some people do not understand right from wrong in the same way WE do.

I also believe that people who plan are murder don't for one minute stop to consider if their behaviour is 'OK'.

You are right, it is not an excuse for people who are raised awfully, to do this...but it IS, sometimes, a REASON.

Yes and these people are locked away in institutions like Broadmoor and should not be in the general prison population..so is Venables mental and not answerable for his actions or his he just plain evil ?I think his comments here negate the mental theory,they rather seem to enhance his manipulative tendency's as used by the majority of continual re-offenders

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10742019

If anybody really feels that the unique behaviour of these children was just down to them, that their upbringing only played a minor part in developing how these children thought, and behaved, then, in theory....ANY of us, as children, could behave like this......and in turn....ANY of our children could commit such a crime......so, in theory, you are advocating the possible torture of your OWN child.

Just like those boys could not empathise with their victim, we, too, can not empathise with these boys, as, thank God, we have never been in their shoes.

Whats unique about it..remember Mary Bell

Maybe Denise Fergus does not want 'blood'...but some people on here surely do. Maybe they would like to volunteer their child executioning services for potential future psychopathic children. Not sure what that would make them, then, though.

The thing is, he has now waived his right to anonimity, so when he is released it will be under his real name.

I doubt he will get another identity and protection, so basically, everyone will know who and where he is.

As soon as he gets somewhere to live it will be all over the papers.....

Well, looks like I was wrong on that one.....

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/killer_venables_could_get_250k_new_identity

Archived