Jon Venables pleads guilty & gets 2 years

He's not bail because he's been sentenced popps, he received an indeterminate sentence when he was convicted, with conditions that applied if he was released on parole. Those conditions stay with him for the rest of his life. So far he hasn't committed any further offences that have brought him back to court, unlike Venables who now might never see the light of day again.

As far as I know he simply has a two year sentence which given the time he has served on remand and time off for good behavior he should be back on the streets in about twelve months,I have seen no reports has yet that he has had his licence revoked

As far as I know he simply has a two year sentence which given the time he has served on remand and time off for good behavior he should be back on the streets in about twelve months,I have seen no reports has yet that he has had his licence revoked

I read that it is unlikely that he will be released earlier than his two year sentence.

He's subject to the provisions of a life license Noddy. He was sentenced for the latest offence, but that doesn't supercede the conditions of his license.

And what is the normal sentence for someone convicted of this particular crime?

erm...

Isn't it precisely the sentence he's received?

What was someone else saying, above, about folk not being able to divorce the initial conviction from the current one?

He's not on bail because he's been sentenced popps, he received an indeterminate sentence when he was convicted, with conditions that applied if he was released on parole. Those conditions stay with him for the rest of his life. So far he hasn't committed any further offences that have brought him back to court, unlike Venables who now might never see the light of day again.

why are you trying too justify this sort off scum

And what is the normal sentence for someone convicted of this particular crime?

erm...

Isn't it precisely the sentence he's received?

What was someone else saying, above, about folk not being able to divorce the initial conviction from the current one?

Because of who it is and the barbarity of the original crime you cant divorce it from the current offence simply because children are involved,the very fact that sexual abuse was probably used in the Bulger slaying will always negate that possibility

He's subject to the provisions of a life license Noddy. He was sentenced for the latest offence, but that doesn't supercede the conditions of his license.

The actual mechanism of putting the licence into operation must still be seen to be done its not a fully automatic system

Archived