Jon Venables pleads guilty & gets 2 years

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely not reasonable to gaol a child for the rest of his life, even for murder.
What would be reasonable then?.. would it be releasing him into the general public with a new identity at 18, whilst keeping a close eye on his movements and activities in order to ensure that he commits no further offences, especially which involve children? You do realise that in this instance, you actually do have the benefit of hindsight.. don't you?

If it were not for people taking that attitude, he wouldn't need protecting and he wouldn't be costing society anything.

it's a perfectly normal attitude to take, one of hating a killer of a small child ,that got a second chance costing millions of pounds ,only to turn around and prove all the agencies such as social workers ,probation officers , child psychologists etc etc were all wrong ,you cant alter this leopards spots, i predict that even after this term in jail he will re offend and no matter how many times the government / agencies try to cover up their failing he will still crop up on the police reports ,new name or not

tell me , what is the difference between Venables and other child killers who will NEVER be released , IE, huntley , whiting ?

There's the blindingly obvious one that he was only a child at the time. Indeed, in most civilized countries he would not even have stood trial.

tell me , what is the difference between Venables and other child killers who will NEVER be released , IE, huntley , whiting ?

venables was an experiment by the authorities that went wrong ,the authorities now have to keep trying to prove they were not wrong ,their answer to this is to keep on giving him special treatment

he wont go into a mainstream prison ,he will be given more and more protection and he will keep giving the authorities the finger

If it were not for people taking that attitude, he wouldn't need protecting and he wouldn't be costing society anything.
Nothing wrong in hating a convicted child killer.

This forum never fails to amaze me. It's only a few weeks ago that certain forumers(who shall remain nameless)were in a state of shock,gasp,horror, as to why "those people" who never cut their grass verge don't take it upon themselves to do so. :hihi:

Not you personally HN.

There's the blindingly obvious one that he was only a child at the time. Indeed, in most civilized countries he would not even have stood trial.

Well ,now he is an adult ,and has proved that he will re offend and commit serious offences when released.

surely that will now make the relevent bodies sit up and open their eyes ,and now keep him locked up till he dies.

He has proved beyond all doubt he is a predetor and a danger to children .

He must now be placed on the list of those who will never see the light of day again.

...but we'll still have the cost of keeping his murderer in prison.

for now....there is a heirarchy in prison...and some prisoners wont tolerate what he is in for and his past history.

If he get's out unscarred he will be lucky.

Archived