If the council could do one thing for you..

Long story short.... years back when Thatcher was in I was living in the US, visiting my mothers damp and cold council flat every year, no repairs ever go done, I sent a reply requested letter to Mrs Thatcher saying my Mom had been a council tennant all her life ect ect, a letter came back from Downing st, telling me they wouldn't be able to promise anything but it would be looked into......ALL REPAIRS AND MORE WERE DONE IN A MATTER OF A COUPLE OF WEEK! :). even the workers asked my Mom how she got put to the top of their list, of course my Mom got worried then and said she didn't know as I didn't tell her what I'd done till my next visit.

Make it easier for people with disabilitys to find a home.

Seems there are not many homes for disabled people and the ones there are,are given to people that are "able bodied" half the time. And the disabled facilitys are then ripped out making it one less property thats adapted for the disabled.

Revamp the way that Council tax benefits are calculated. If one person lives alone they get a rebate. If a married couple have a situaton where one is working and one is unemployed they end up having to pay the full amount, even though the unemployed person does not contribute. This is unfair and penalises married couples.

Archived