If the council could do one thing for you..

When I first moved in about 7 years ago I used to see her walking her great grandson to school. My son even used to play with him when she was looking after him. She was always out and about but in the last year or so we hardly see her. She must be in her 90s by now. She used to look at us through the window when we got back from school but now she doesn't even do that anymore. I know that life in a care home can be horrible but what sort of a life has she got now?? She never opens any windows, never goes on her back garden. I have never seen anyone take any shopping in so I don't know what she is eating. She never puts washing out. Her wheelie bin is never put out for collection. It's really bizarre. I don't know how she survives. If I went round to offer her some help she'd tell me to bu**er off!! I once fetched her some milk from the co-op and she wouldn't answer the door to me so I left it outside. As soon as I went in my house she came out and got it!!!

Have you ever thought about leaving her a little friendly note?

I would ask them to insist the old lady next door to me goes into a home as I fear she is going to die alone in her house and that would be terrible. She never goes out and hardly has any visitors. God only knows what she eats. I have to check every evening that her lights are on as she won't answer her door. On the rare occasion that I've been in her house it is apparent that she cannot look after herself. Such a sad situation :confused::(:sad::cry:

Have you called adult social services? If not please call them. They can't force her to have help but she might be willing to talk to t

Archived