Contraceptive Pill Side Effects

I know that there are lots of different side effects that can occur due to taking different contraceptive pills. However, I was wondering if anyone had suffered 'extreme tiredness' as a result of taking a particular one.

I took one some years ago that sent me in to some sort of depressive state. When I came off that I was fine. I was put on one that really suited me....however, the doc, for some reason, has changed me on to another one (a month or so ago)....and ever since, I have been getting so exhausted by the afternoon. Nothing about my life has changed. Not sure if I am imagining it, or if this tiredness is coming from this pill. It is the only thing that is different about my life.

My doc changed my mine and I felt tired all the time too, just go back and ask to be put back on the one you were fine on, thats what i did. Why they insist on messing with something thats working well i dont know!x

Why they insist on messing with something thats working well i dont know!x

For the sake of the patient's health, they will try to keep said patient on the lowest dose of anything that will relieve whatever symptoms or illness they have.

The only way to find out what that minimum is, is to keep cutting the dose until you've dropped below it, and then go back up.

For the sake of the patient's health, they will try to keep said patient on the lowest dose of anything that will relieve whatever symptoms or illness they have.

The only way to find out what that minimum is, is to keep cutting the dose until you've dropped below it, and then go back up.

That doesn't tend to be the case with the contraceptive pill as its often one a day.

it might be more that after long term use the chances of developing illnesses due to the pill increase. It might be that swapping reduces the possibility?

on the upside I had no idea how depressed my pill made me until I swapped to one that made me completely mental and then another that made me (or allowed me to be) constantly much happier!

They have done the opposite, and put me on one with increased doses of.....ooojimacallit.

Don't suppose the one that sent you mental was Yasmin, by any chance? That sent me spiralling in to the pits of despair a few years back. My last one was great. Not sure about this one. Feel 'happy', but tired. Hhmmm.

They have done the opposite, and put me on one with increased doses of.....ooojimacallit.

Don't suppose the one that sent you mental was Yasmin, by any chance? That sent me spiralling in to the pits of despair a few years back. My last one was great. Not sure about this one. Feel 'happy', but tired. Hhmmm.

Yasmin was one the other was diannette (I think). I can't remember which was which now! I was :loopy::loopy::loopy:

That doesn't tend to be the case with the contraceptive pill as its often one a day.

it might be more that after long term use the chances of developing illnesses due to the pill increase. It might be that swapping reduces the possibility?

Along the same principles, yes; or changing from a two-hormone pill to a single hormone, or vice versa.

As a male, it's not a topic which has ever been all that close to my heart.

• 3 weeks later...
Along the same principles, yes; or changing from a two-hormone pill to a single hormone, or vice versa.

As a male, it's not a topic which has ever been all that close to my heart.

As a male (that's you headingnorth) I think that contraceptives should be close to your heart if only out of consideration for your partner, if you've got one and also as a useful way to stop unwanted pregnancies.

Archived