English/Indian wedding decor

Has anyone got any decoration suggestions for a barn wedding reception that mixes English and Indian styles? We really want the reception to reflect both our cultures but I'm not mad keen on the bright, rich traditional Indian colours. I'd like to stick with green & white if possible with a bit of silver thrown in.

My only ideas so far are making bunting out of ornate white & green sari fabric and using the same fabric as part of the tablecloth arrangement or maybe sashes on the chairs.

Anyone got any ideas they can add? Or am I being ridiculous trying to fuse these two things??

No not ridiculous at all, in fact I co-ordinated a wedding back in May that was exactly this theme.

Lots of bright Pink, Orange, Purple and Blues, sounds awful but worked wonderful and the venue was the most quaintest english country house.

I love your idea of the green and whites and think this perfectly compliment your barn wedding reception. The bunting is a fab idea!! *Wish I had thought of that one :)*

Good luck with the rest of your planning

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

hi congrats on your wedding, not sure if you have thought of any ideas but you could use foil balloons that are cresent moon shaped and join them in such a way that it gives an indian design arch and table decorations. if you want any further info please contact me at carla@celebrations-balloons.com i can look at prices for you if your interested but if cost is tight i can email you pics and advise on how to achieve it

good luck and have a fab day

carla

Archived