Dhanistha-New Indian-Srilankan restaurant

kiran

FINALLY made it to this place on Monday night. Excellent!!! The food at East and West is good but the environment is frankly grotty. Dhanistha's is a much nicer place to enjoy your meal and the menu is much more extensive. My dosa craving was well and truly satisfied ;) Starters and mains for two (enough to leave us completely stuffed) cost less than £30. We're going back next week ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Went there and the service was really, really bad. On the plus side, the food was fantastic and the prices cheap.

You certainly don't go there for a quick meal - try East and West for that - but the quality is so high and that makes it worth the wait. The service is also very friendly, so I find the delays forgiveable.

As for the best curry, I would have to return and try many more dishes before I could name one!

What is the best curry there so far any suggestions?

My other half rates the Keralan mutton curry. I don't eat curry there, so can't comment (it's all about the dosas for me!) Re the comments on service, we've been once on a Monday night and service was quick and attentive, but when we went again on a Saturday when it was much busier, the service was certainly a bit slower. I suspect they haven't got enough staff on for busy nights. Personally it makes no difference to me, when the food is that good I'll wait all night!

• 1 month later...

Re-visited this lovely resaturant last night and I had to post again that we had another fab meal. The food is fabulous, my ocean soup starter was fantastic, great service, excellent value for money. They still need to sort out the wine menu, lighting and slightly grubby toilets, but it is so worth a visit for such fabulous authentic food !!

Archived